WAR: Tide of Ichor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stopping the Plague

+2
DemonicFerret
FlyingPinkPony
6 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Stopping the Plague - Page 5 Empty Re: Stopping the Plague

Post  deadlychair Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:58 am

Feeling confident in his new stance, Teheboq struck forward quickly hoping to shred open the stomach of the disease ridden beast in front of him.

(Teheboq attacks the Dragon Ogre and hopes he can hurt something for once)
deadlychair
deadlychair
Soldier

http://acurioustalecory.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:40 am

Hit
20-18+50=52<8 Miss (*Sorry)

Teheboq thrust his blade underneath the legs of the beast aiming for his organs. The scales on the beasts underbelly were as thick as those above and the blade failed to pierce the thick flesh.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

https://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Forte Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:19 am

Ducking under the backhanded swing from the Dragon Ogre, Valmir crouched down and prepared to strike once more when the Dragon Ogre turned it's attention to Seros and struck at him. With a malicious grin, the vampire stretched his fingers and claws and pounced upwards at the exposed side of his enemy...

<Actions>
Wreck that bitch
Forte
Forte
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:37 am

Hit
20-24+50-10=36< 59 Hit!

Wound
20-22+50-10-10=28<21 Failed to Wound!

Valmir claws sick with gore slipped off the tough hide as he lashed out once more with his claws. The lash of the Dragon Ogres tail sent Valmir stumbling backwards throwing off his string of attacks.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:43 am

The beast was screaming as more of its flesh was being eaten and torn away. Bones could be seen in multiple places on its flayed body and it was amazing it could continue fighting. Raising its mace once more as the storm clouds returned. Lightning shot down striking the mace.

Ability Roll
40+10+10-15= 45< 70 Success

Ag-S+50
Seros 45< 53 Hit
Valmir 53< 18 Miss
Teheboq 50< 7 Miss
Turin 45< 68 Hit

Damage 2-6 Ignoring Armor

Status
Seros: 9/18 Wounded
Valmir: 13/17 Good
Dragon Ogre: Wounded -21
Teheboq: 23/27 Good
Turin: 10/15 Good

Next up. All players.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Forte Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:53 am

Catching himself as the monster's massive tail slammed into him and bowled him over, the former Strigoi noble righted his footing and immediately lashed out again, his scything claws flashing menacingly in the sunlight as his tenacious attack resumed almost immediately after being knocked away.

<Attack>
Attack
Forte
Forte
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonicFerret Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:02 am

Lightning still crackling on his armor, Seros growled with displeasure. This beast persisted in living despite the plague and wounds dealt to it, and he had had enough of its insolence.

Red Fire.

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:06 am

Casting Roll

40+10+30-31+9=49<52 Casting Success

IF Chance
90<56 Regular Cast

15-31+50-10(MR)=44<16 Spell Power roll failed.

The red fire leapt from Seros's fingers singing the beast but seeming to add very little to the beasts already colossal injuries.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  deadlychair Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:07 am

Teheboq still had a long ways to go as a warrior, but even his lessened instincts could tell that the creature in front of him would not survive this battle. While Teheboq could do little to harm the creature he could still distract it, and as long as he stayed near him the healing tone would respond in his body. Feeling his strength returning with every passing moment Teheboq swung out again, this time trying to separate the Dragon Ogre's leg just below the knee.

(Teheboq attacks the Dragon Ogre and don't forget about Adrenaline Rush)
deadlychair
deadlychair
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:15 am

Teheboq

Hit
15-18+50=47<72 Hit! Weakness poison applied.

Wound
15-15+50=50<41 Failed to wound

The blade slammed into the great beasts leg but caused little damage as it hit the bone with a thud and a huge chuck of already rotted flesh fell off.

(Sorry about AR - Updated adrenaline rush for this turn and last)
Status
Dragon Ogre: Wounded -21
Teheboq: 25/27 Good
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:26 am

Before the ogre could respond Valmir was on it again slashing his grotesque claws into his flank.

Hit
14(15)-24+50-10=30< 58 Hit!

Wound
15-22+50-10-10=23<25 Wound!

Damage
5-11+S-T/5-Arm
9 +1-0(2 AS) = 10 Damage.

Sinking his claws deep into the hole he had gouged earlier he slid underneath its hulking form leaving a horriffic gash in his wake as blood, organs, and chucks of flesh fell out onto the ground. Spinning around Valmir jumped upwards flapping his wings symbolically more than anything and hooking the beast underneath the chin with his claws. Roaring with rage the dragon ogre dropped his mace and grabbed Valmir with both hands. Shoving his other set of claws into the back of the Ogres neck it screamed in pain as it tried to rip Valmir from its head. With a sickening snap something gave and the beast's strength hurled Valmir into a nearby. Valmir grinned evily as he held the beasts massive head in his hands. The headless body flailed about swinging as Turin, Teheboq, and Seros backed up. The thrashing began to slow and the beast hit the ground with a thud. The ground slick with gore as black blood poured from the neck.

Victory Dance!!!! (You may commence dancing)

MVP Valmir
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  deadlychair Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:39 am

Teheboq walked carefully to the headless corpse and spoke quietly in his native tongue, "Rest is yours tormented one. May your brothers follow you in peace." Upon finishing his prayer Teheboq moved back to a position where he could guard the prophet from anymore unexpected attacks.
deadlychair
deadlychair
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Forte Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:30 am

Tossing the head in front of the rotting corpse and looking down at his claws as they transformed back into hands, the vampire's eyes flashed for a moment and in a puff of black smoke the gore melted away from them leaving his digits spotless. His large wings folding in around his body like a cloak, he moved over to where his former mantle lay discarded on the ground and recovered it to lay it tentatively about his shoulders. Flashing his companions another fang-filled grin, he motioned at the prophet.

"Let us proceed." He chucked. "For the children."
Forte
Forte
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonicFerret Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:17 am

Seros watched contemplatively as the vampire mercilessly slaughtered the dying dragon ogre. Between him, the saurus, and the dwarf, it was an interesting group of allies/potential body shields. He liked this group. It was exciting.

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:26 pm

Tapping his cane on the ground the prophet walked out in front of the group. "About time you lads finished him off." Giving the fallen head a kick he scoffed. "If you lads took any longer we all would have dead. Back in my day I would have broken him with two swings of my cane." He gave an example swing to add emphasis to the statement.

Noticing the glint in Seros's eye as he stared off into space the prophet cracked his cane against Seros's hard metal boot. "Wake up you hunk of chaos metal we have work to do." He tossed Valmir a rag to clean off the blood. "Clean yourself up lad." He rolled his eyes "And yes, don't worry we all believe you're doing it for the children."

He drew a flask from his belt pouch and took a huge swig stumbling forward. "Excellent! I can feel my magical visions returning. Drink up dwarf, you're far too sober." He passed the flask to Turin. "And Scales! Stop your silly honoring of that pile of snotling dung. It was an abomination in life just as it was in death."

Walking in a mostly straight line past the body. "Follow me lads! Let's go save Tameria!" As the group starting following him, he spun around walking straight through them back to where they entered the clearing. "This is the way to the green stone! I know it to be true with my magic seeing powers!" With that he walked off into the jungle in the same direction the group had arrived in.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonicFerret Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:33 pm

Broken from his reverie, Seros glanced down at the small scuff on his boot where the prophet had struck it, then up at the prophet's back as he walked away, then back down at his boot, and finally back at the prophet, cocking his head slightly, seeming to consider something. As the others gathered themselves to follow the prophet, Seros walked over to Valmir and leaned in close to him. "When the time comes to kill that man - and you know it will - let me do it. He annoys me."

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  deadlychair Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:43 pm

Teheboq was surprised by the old man's ability to understand his native speech, but also gladdened. Whatever powers the prophet posessed, he was unable to grasp the full meaning of the Saurus' words. Keeping his eye carefully on the warrior-mage and the vampire as they conversed Teheboq jogged forward to maintain his guard over the confident geriatric.
deadlychair
deadlychair
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Forte Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:08 pm

"Of course, Master Mage." Hacked Valmir through a vicious laugh that ended with an almost sincere smile. He found he almost liked the Chaos mage, but he had to wonder to himself if that was because he truly found the man amusing or if it was part of some sort of insidious demon charm meant to ensnare the mind. With a slight ruffle of his bat-like wings, the vampire decided that he found Seros to be an interesting enough companion that it would not matter. Eventually he would recover his powers and when that happened, if it was indeed an enchantment it would break and he would take bloody retribution for daring to obscure the senses of Lord Shadowfang. Until then he decided he'd take what amusement he could get from the humans-- after all they did offer him an almost unlimited sense of entertainment. Looking to where the prophet led, the vampire followed casually and without fear. Of the terrible things that went bump in the night, he was certainly one of the most terrible.
Forte
Forte
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  malacab Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:51 am

Receiving the flask from the Prophet, Turin took a deep swig from it. " Certainly, I will cheer up with a little of drink down my throat. I was lost in frustration over my pathetic performance this afternoon. My father would have keel hauled me for such terrible fighting and given my ship over to his granddaughter for that." Turin returned the flask to the old man. "But, I must say that you did quite a nice job Valmir. Have you ever thought of a career in piracy? We could always use a good marine like yourself. I am sorry Seros and Teheboq, but you are much too heavy to fight on a ship." laughed Turin as he patted his stomach. Realizing that everyone had continued on while he was having his laugh, Turin yelled after thrm, "Hold on, you can't save the children without me!"

malacab

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:59 am

The prophet whistled as he walked through the jungle. Leading the group he merrily whistled away ranting about the times back in the day when he had fought in the great imperial army to Teheboq who was the only one standing close enough to listen. It didn't take long for the group to reach a large stone obelisk standing in a very small clearing. "Ah hah! Here we are." He took a long pause. "Nope never mind. Must be a different obelisk. But the one we're looking for looks very much like this! Keep your eyes peeled lads!" He took off once more into the jungle the group reluctantly following.

After another hour of walking and the prophet going through several tales of how of how single handily saved the empire from destruction from dragons, beastmen, tornados, and all kinds of other horrors. The group arrived before an obelisk that looked very similar to the previous one. It like the previous one was smooth gray stone devoid of markings. "Nope sorry lads. Not this one either. We're getting close though I can feel it! Don't worry though I'll just tell you about the time I squared off against the king of the dark elves and the lord of vampires. Sent em packing I did!" He led the group off again into the thick jungle continueing his grand tale. After another hour of walking what sky could be seen through the thick trees was turning dark. Luckily they arrived before another obelisk identical in appearance to the last two. Looking at the ground in the dim light tracks of a party identical to their own could be seen on the ground going off in several directions.

"Oops. Looks like it was this one after all lads. Suppose I made a wee bit of a mistake and looped us around a tad. Don't know why the stupid stone ain't green though. My magic powers told me it was supposed to green. Suppose we'll have to set up camp for the night then won't we. Too dangeroous to walking around in the jungle at night. Especially if we don't know where we're going."
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  malacab Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:18 pm

After the first hour of wandering in circles listening to the Prophet ramble about his 'amazing' exploits Turin wanted to embed is axe in either the prophets or his own skull, but after the last couple of hours his mind had become numb to the rambling old man and decided to spend his time drinking and hoping he had brought enough to last him the entirety of the walk. Luckily for him, there was indeed enough booze to last the remainder of the walk and by the time they had decided to make camp by the original stone Turin was quite drunk and actively listening to the old man. "So ... you talked down the vampire lord and asked him to help you against the dark elf king. *hiccup* That is amaz*hiccup*ing. Well ... that reminds me of the time, back when I ran my own pirate ship, that I had run across an entirely female dark elf pirate crew. That was an interesting time ... we fought for a little bit and then when we had all run out of ammo, apparently they were bad shots ..." Turin drunkenly rambled on for about 30 min before he finished the story.

malacab

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonicFerret Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:55 am

Seros was not terribly happy with this idea. Camping feet from an obelisk which may or may not be causing a horrific plague did not strike him as brilliant planning. He was tempted to investigate it now, but something told him he should wait. And, of course, he was still awaiting the correct moment to stab the prophet in the throat. Tuning out the sound of the drunken, rambling dwarf, Seros settled in for a long night of watching both the obelisk and the prophet's sleeping body, waiting for the first sign of trouble.

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:19 am

The party relaxed in the clearing alert and ready for anything. Soon the boredom began to take its toll. Hours passed with nothing so much as a sound. Both the prophet and the dwarf had long given up storytelling to empty ears. Eyes were beginning to shut involuntarily from the exhausted party. Suddenly the prophet jumped up, surprisingly spry for an old man. Running over to each person he hit each them on the head with his cane. "Wake up, wake up! It's here!" As the party some groggy, others thoroughly angry were brought back to attention the obelisk began to glow with a dull green light. The full moon could be seen overhead in the gap in the trees and it spread its dull light over the group. Slowly runes began to form up the side of the obelisk, which Seros immediately recognized as chaos runes. Three figures emerged from the other side of the clearing, paying the group no heed as they began to chant and pray to the obelisk as the runes grew brighter.

"Stop vile plague masters!" The old prophet stood strong and confident in front of the group. The chanting immediately stopped as they all turned to face the party. The first man's face was hidden but all his limbs were wrapped in stained bandages and several fingers were clearly missing on one hand.

"What do you want unclean ones." The figure said spitting out a large wad of liquid onto the ground which seemed to burn and kill the grass underneath. One of the figures in the back approached its comrade.

"Perhaps they wish to join us?"

The first one gave a skeptical cough. "Is this true old man? Do you seek the gifts of the great father? An old man, a lizard, a drunken dwarf, a weak servant of the great deceiver, and a fallen vampire have all come seeking our gifts?"

The old man stood tall and proud. "No vile monster we have come to stop you! We wish for you to stop your evil spells immediately. You shall be vanquished by our goodness. At arms!"

There was a cracking sound as one could assume the figures made a smile. "This cannot do. Let us show them Nurgle's love and purge their filthy bodies."

Initiative!

Figure 1 50 + 57 = 107
Figure 2 42 + 55 = 97
Figure 3 42 + 5 = 47
Prophet 20 + 42 = 62
Seros 20 + 11 = 31
Teheboq 30 + 13 =43
Turin 20 + 91 =111
Valmir 36 + 15 = 51

Turn Order
Turin
Figure 1
Figure 2
Prophet
Valmir
Figure 3
Teheboq
Seros

Battlefield
Obelisk Figure 2
Figure 3
Figure 1
Prophet Seros
Teheboq
Turin
Valmir

Figure 1: Perfect
Figure 2: Perfect
Figure 3: Perfect
Prophet: Perfect
Teheboq: 25/27 Good

*Since it might come up it would be good to note there are no longer any restrictions on when someone may use a dash in terms of enemy placement. *

Turin you are up!

Last edited by FlyingPinkPony on Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  malacab Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:26 am

Groggily staring at the cloaked figures and thinking to himself that he was not drunk enough to be in combat Turin began stumbling forward mumbling very loud to everyone, "Ya RUINED the drunken stupor I was in. There was this great dream about swimming in this giant vat of beer and there were some dwarven women around ... well that doesn't matter, you will pay for it." Turin points his gun at the cloaked figure standing nearby.

Move one zone
Unavoidable Shot w/ Black-Powder specialist

malacab

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:51 am

Hit
25-20+50=55<24 Miss

Seeing the shot coming the cloaked figure took a step to the left just as Turin drew his gun. As Turin made a quick adjustment to his aim the figure took a sudden step to the right as the bullet sailed into the open space where he had just been.

Obelisk Figure 2
Figure 3
Figure 1
Prophet
Turin
Seros
Teheboq
Valmir
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin