WAR: Tide of Ichor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure - Stopping the Plague (*Closed)

5 posters

Go down

Adventure - Stopping the Plague (*Closed) Empty Adventure - Stopping the Plague (*Closed)

Post  FlyingPinkPony Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:39 am

Adventure: Stopping the Plague
Admin: FlyingPinkPony
Players: 3-4
Reserved Slots: None
Deadline: Friday sometime.

Description: Townsfolk have begun to appear in the infirmaries covered in white sores. The apothecaries cannot find the cure or the cause. Rumors of a great plague have been spreading around town and morale is plummeting. A prophet is gathering folks in the street.

"Fellow Citizens! There is a great curse placed on us. The gods want us to redeem ourselves. Brave heroes must venture into the jungle to find the source of this plague. Luckily I have seen it! In a vision granted by the gods. An obelisk of green stone stands tall spreading its disease into the land and animals. Join me brave brothers and sisters. Let us put a stop to this together!"

Last edited by FlyingPinkPony on Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:53 am; edited 2 times in total
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

https://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Adventure - Stopping the Plague (*Closed) Empty Re: Adventure - Stopping the Plague (*Closed)

Post  DemonicFerret Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:55 am

Seros contemplated the prophet. "Obelisk of green stone" had a certain ring to it that he approved of. There were several ways that could turn out - rat-men, plague worshippers, possibly rat-man plague worshippers - but regardless, the potential for siphoning a powerful source of magic was too good to pass up. Even if it was dedicated to another god, that could be worked around. The Changer understood. No doubt this plague would have to be stopped in the process - a waste of perfectly good magic, that.

Seros stepped up to the prophet, flourishing his cape, and bowed deeply before the gathered crowd. "I will solve this crisis for you, gentle people of Tameria. No more will suffer this abominable disease. Leave it to me."

Last edited by DemonicFerret on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Adventure - Stopping the Plague (*Closed) Empty Re: Adventure - Stopping the Plague (*Closed)

Post  Forte Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:56 am

Melting out of the shadows like a wraith, Valmir brought his eyes upon the prophet who professed to know the source of the plague that was troubling the shady village that he had come to know as his refuge from the oppressive presence of the sun. While he had little interest in the maladies of the mortal races, Valmir did not wish to see the community in which he had decided to hide crumble so soon after his re-awakening. He did not wish to take his chances, for this was the perfect place where rogues and dissents from various races hid out from their respective peoples. Yellow eye flashing with interest out of the darkness of his hooded face, Weissberg grinned sharkishly.

"Let us get underway..."

Last edited by Forte on Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forte
Forte
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  deadlychair Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:48 pm

"Fellow Citizens! There is a great curse placed on us. The gods want us to redeem ourselves. Brave heroes must venture into the jungle to find the source of this plague. Luckily I have seen it! In a vision granted by the gods. An obelisk of green stone stands tall spreading its disease into the land and animals. Join me brave brothers and sisters. Let us put a stop to this together!"
Hearing the words of the "prophet" on the street Teheboq could not help but think of the foul rat-men his people so despised. Saurus were well known for their durability, and it was difficult for even the most potent of poisons and diseases to affect them. However, the mutated giant rats, the Skaven were masters of manipulating and breeding diseases so that they could bow even the mightiest Saurus Temple Guard. The most chilling stories involved the rats directly infecting the spawning pools, turning them into toxic sludge that killed the very creatures that were born within them. The obelisk also perked Teheboq's interest. The Skaven were notorious for working with physical chaos, what some called "warpstone". The description of the obelisk roughly matched what Teheboq knew of warpstone.

Confident in his hypothesis of the situation, Teheboq spoke out surprising many nearby who though the Saurus was an odd statue, "Prophet! Lead me to this green stone and I shall shatter it!"
deadlychair
deadlychair
Soldier

http://acurioustalecory.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  malacab Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:46 am

Stepping out of the tavern in the town, Turin looks at the gathering of people.

"Well, it appears we have quite a gathering here. What is all this about?"

"Fellow Citizens! There is a great curse placed on us. The gods want us to redeem ourselves. Brave heroes must venture into the jungle to find the source of this plague. Luckily I have seen it! In a vision granted by the gods. An obelisk of green stone ..."

Turin having tuned out the remainder of the crazy man's speach, runs back into the bar. What follows are the sounds of some rummaging and things being thrown around. Some yelling started to follow from the bar.

"Hey buddy, I am going to save the town from disease.
"No, I am not trying to duck out on owing you money from the game. I will pay you after I get back. No, I am not trying to get killed to avoid owing you money. You can join if feel so inclined to make sure I am not cheating you.
"OK, stay behind you coward, I am going to save the town."

Stepping back out from the bar comes Turin hastily dressed but with all his equipment for battle.

"so, who is ready to go?" he says with giant grin on his face.

malacab

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down