WAR: Tide of Ichor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Path of Grace

4 posters

Go down

Path of Grace Empty Path of Grace

Post  FlyingPinkPony Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:43 am

I did some recent Revamping of the Path of Grace while on my planeride and not having access to internet. Thoughts would be appreciated.

Path of Grace 42 5-PA

Desperate Agility- 2 Ranks.
    Requirements: 3 Mobility
    Type: Passive
    Effect: When your Hp is below 25/50% you may use your Agi instead of your T against physical attacks on the to Wound roll (If higher).

Quick Step - 1 Ranks.
    Requirements: None
    Effects: You can move 1 zone before combat begins.

One Handed Specialization- 3 Ranks
    Effects: While wielding only a single 1 handed weapon you gain +1/3/5% chance to dodge melee weapons and + 1/2/3 damage.

First Strike - 2 Ranks
    Effect: On the roll to see who goes first gain +30/75 to your initiative roll.

Sudden Strike - 1 Rank
    Requirements: First Strike 3
    Effect: If you roll higher initiative than any of your opponents you may make an additional action on your first turn.

Precision Strikes - 2 Ranks
    Effect: Lower an opponents dodge and block rating by 5/10% against your melee attacks.

Agility - 3 Ranks
    Effects: 1/3/5% dodge chance.

Sidestep - 2 Ranks
    Effects: 2/5% dodge chance against melee weapons.

Mobility - 3 Ranks.
    Effects: 3/6/10% dodge chance for 1 round anytime you move a zone.

Trailing Blade - 2 Ranks
    Effect: Each time you move out of a zone with an enemy you may deal 1/2 damage to an enemy in that zone. This damage ignores armor.

Blitz - 1 Rank
    Type: Powerful Dash
    Effect: This Dash moves 3 zones instead of 2.

Whirlwind - 3 Ranks
    Type: Powerful Melee Attack
    Effect: Make an attack roll against each enemy in your zone. This attack deals 50/75/100% damage.

Riposte - 2 Ranks
    Effects: If you dodge an attack you gain +10/20 to hit and 2/5 damage to your first melee attack next round.

Fluid Motions - 2 Ranks
    Effects: After you use a powerful attack or ability from the Path of Grace you gain an additional 5/10% dodge chance and a 2/5% critical strike chance until the end of your next turn.

Light Armor Specialization - 2 Ranks *Placeholder*

Dodging Blade- 1 Ranks
    Requirements: Trailing Blade 2
    Effects: Whenever you dodge an attack you may activate your trailing blade as if you moved through an enemies zone.

Leap Attack - 3 Ranks
    Requirements: Mobility 3
    Effect: You leap into the air gaining a 5/15/25% increased dodge chance and can only be attacked by ranged attacks for the next round (This counts as moving for the purposes of movement reliant skills). You performed no other actions this round. Next round you can shift one zone and perform an attack on an opponent in that zone. This attack gains a 10/25/40% critical strike chance and has +15/20/25 to hit and wound. If no foe is in your zone this attack simply fails.

Lightning Strike - 2 Ranks
    Effect: This attack hits automatically. Use your Ag instead of your S for resolving the rest of the attack. This attack deals 50/75% damage.

Frontal Assault -3 Ranks
    Type: Powerful Charge Attack
    Effect: This attack may be used like a charge but you move two zones instead of one. You may make an attack against a foe in each of the zones you enter. Add an additional 1/2/3 damage to the first attack. Double this number for the second attack.

Sonic Slash - 3 Ranks
    Requirements: Lightning Strike 2, Whirlwind Attack 3
    Effect: This blindingly fast attack slices through armor and bone alike. This attack deals the higher of 20/30/40% of the targets current hp or the 50/100/150% damage of the weapon (do not apply bonus damage for S etc). This damage cannot be prevented except by ward saves.

FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

https://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Path of Grace Empty Re: Path of Grace

Post  Forte Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:34 pm

It's... beautiful.

The only thing that comes to mind right off the bat is with Sudden Strike. It says "another action". Does this mean that I could hypothetically cast a second spell in my first turn using said action or are we limited to a single cast per turn?
Forte
Forte
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:45 pm

Yes is the short answer. They would be any two actions. The mechanic reason why i'd allow it is because it is unreliable, but effective and a good way to give more power to high initiative users. The fluffreason I'd allow it is it is effectively a surprise round representing your natural ability to respond quickly, sometimes almost precognitively to a scenario. The only rulewise issue I could forsee with that ability is if for example you cast two spells on turn 1 and your first spell miscasts horribly somehow not allowing the second cast to go through. I imagine my common sense admin stick +2 will come in handy, but that's a bridge we'll come to when it shows itself. Just hope it isn't a beam bridge... I hear they seem to be the ridge spanner.

Glad you like it Forte =D
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:18 am

If there are no other complaints I'll toss it up as the new official version. As per usual anyone with points currently invested in Path of Grace can redistribute them.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Budou Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:23 am

This all looks good. I agree with Forte, sudden strike is amazing. I was thinking about rolling up Akhom as a Path of Grace character further down the line and this all seems to fit whit what I was hoping to do with the character. This path plus the Scout could be really very deadly.
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonicFerret Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:30 pm

Speed of Thought - 2 Ranks
Prereq: None
Effect: During the first round of combat, you gain +10/20 to hit opponents who have not taken an action yet.

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Budou Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:48 pm

The bonus of +10/+20 kinda set me off, however since the skill is only good for the first round of combat I suppose this makes sense.
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down