WAR: Tide of Ichor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge Thread

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Challenge Thread Empty Challenge Thread

Post  FlyingPinkPony Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:36 am

This is a thread specifically for calling out enemies and adversaries. Think you can take on anyone in this site? Prove it! Issue a blanket challenge. Post a little RP of your character challenging a specific player or anyone in general. If they reply to your post agreeing to the duel the deal is made and you two will enter a duel. An admin will make a new thread titled "(Honor or Prize) duel - Player 1 vs Player 2"

Example
"Prize Duel - Paelic vs Seros"

Let the feuding begin.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

https://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Challenge Thread Empty Re: Challenge Thread

Post  FlyingPinkPony Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:18 pm

Paelic hit the ground with a thud. His eyes wearily glanced around the area. It was a room with a mud floor and shoddily built walls in desperate need of repair. The room was packed with scum, yelling and pushing holding money up into the air to get to something Paelic couldn't see through the crowd of people. The ogre walked off for a moment pushing aside the little folk in his way and returned almost immediately.

"Good Tuskbreaker Ready?"

Paelic groaned unsure of what was occurring. "This isn't the bar. Is it?"

"Silly Human. No bar yet. Toughen up, you still have fight in you. Take bug juice. Feel good." With that the ogre pulled a large squirming beetle the size of Paelic's head from its pouch and gave it a squeeze. The beetle popped with a squeal as the ogre poured the liquid into Paelic's mouth. The second the liquid hit Paelic's lips he had to fight the urge to vomit. It didn't taste like much but the smell was horrendous. It took only a few moments for it to take effect. He could feel the tingle spread throughout his body as his nerves went numb. The pain went away only to be replaced with nothing.

A loud voice roared over the crowd. "The next fighter is Paelic. The human tempest of steel. Who dares to fight this undefeated champion?" At this the crowd of gamblers roared and money began to change hands.

For the sake of getting the ball rolling Paelic will issue an open honor challenge to anyone who wishes to fight him. We'll be using the old rules and trees for this fight since we haven't revamped them all yet =D.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonicFerret Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:38 am

Seros had been looking for this sort of underground fighting ring for some time. It was a perfect place to display his dominance and entice foolish thugs to work for him - after all, he had a fairly high rate of turnover, considering how many died in accidents. Not to mention, victory would garner some respect for the organization he now led.

However, this dazed-looking man being accosted by ogres was not quite the sort of opponent Seros had had in mind. He could not help but pity the man as some sort of bug was squished into his mouth. No, this was not a good idea at all.

"...The human tempest of steel. Who dares to fight this undefeated champion?"

Undefeated champion? Who had this fool beaten, exactly? Someone had to put this man in his place, ogres or no. Seros stepped forward.

"I, Seros Changebringer, accept this challenge. May the gods smile on us."

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:12 pm

With a loud thud Paelic was tossed into the ring by the angry ogre.

The announcer walked into the center of the ring. "Ladies and gentlement we have a challenger! Paelic the Undefeated champion of Trae Verlune! Hero of the black pass! The Human Wildfire! The Tempest of Steel! Versus Seros the unknown. Place your bets now!"

*Paelic accepts your challenge. Now if only a moderator of a certain chairy variety would be kind enough to ref this duel*
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  deadlychair Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:20 pm

Initiative! Agx2 + Roll

Paelic: 44 + 20 = 66
Seros: 20 + 33 = 53

Paelic wins the initative roll and gets to go first!

Battle Order:
Paelic
Seros

------Paelic ------------------------
------------------------Seros ------
deadlychair
deadlychair
Soldier

http://acurioustalecory.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:54 pm

Even in his near unconscious state Paelic could see who he was fighting clear enough. A foul spawn of chaos. The man was clad head to toe in that armor that was impossible to mistake. Servant of chaos. There was quarter to be given here, this man was dangerous and needed to be disposed of quickly. Staggering to his feet Paelic breathed deep amidst the horrible pain and numbness flowing through his body. He could feel the warmth grow within him as he pulled strands of magic from the very air into his palm.

"Die servant of the dark gods!" Paelic launched the ball of red magic from his hand as it erupted into flames.

*Cast Fireball*
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  deadlychair Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:10 pm

Casting Roll
40+10-34 = 26 < 31 Success
Irresistible Force -
90 < 8 Regular Cast

Spell Power Roll
43-34+40= 49 < 80 Success

Damage
8-10 + Wp-Ag/5 - Arm
10+4-5 = 9 damage.

The sphere of roiling flame engulfed Seros in a blanket of fire and light. As he struggled to free himself from the flames Seros' heavy armor grew white-hot and began to burn his body.

Status
------Paelic ------------------------

Paelic: 16/16 Perfect
Seros: 12/21 Good

Seros' Turn!
deadlychair
deadlychair
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonicFerret Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:55 pm

As the fireball hurtled towards him, Seros realized that he may have underestimated his opponent. Ending this contest as rapidly as possible would be beneficial. The sorcerer quickly pulled his blade free, motes of multicolored fire already sparking off its edge, and aimed it at Paelic's chest.

Seros uses Red Fire... wait wait wait. Did Fireball become Long range at some point? We're three zones away from each other, neither of us should be in magic range.

(Side note: Where the hell did the lores go? I can't actually check Fireball's range, because both Fire and Tzeentch seem to have vanished...)

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:06 am

QQQQQQQQQQ

In other words. You are correct it is medium. There was a passive to make it long and I thought I had it. Anyhoot in that case I'll use longstride as a free action to move 1 zone in then fireball. I hope you choke and die.

The old lores are hidden in Admin Section - I hid them there so folks that werent us couldnt find them.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonicFerret Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:02 am

Do I have access to this admin section you speak of? I see no such thing.

And I'll stick with the Red Fire, now that you're in range.

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  deadlychair Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:12 am

Casting Roll
40+10+10+9-43 = 26 < 48 Success
Irresistible Force -
80 < 98 Irresistible Force!

Spell Power Roll
Automatic Success

Damage
4-13+Wp-Wp/5 - Arm
7+1-1 = 7 damage.

Unleashing his own magic the flames on Seros' body began to die down as twisted, red flames began to grow across Paelic's body like a twisted mirror image.

Updated Status!
------------Paelic------------------

Paelic: 9/16 Good

Paelic's Turn!

(Apologies to everyone involved. I can't believe I missed the range problem on Fireball. Also I'm treating Red Fire as a level 1 spell as that's what it appears to be going from the old adventures. Unfortunately I can't see the Admin section either, so when it comes to magic I have to do everything based on your profiles.)

Last edited by deadlychair on Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
deadlychair
deadlychair
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:41 pm

Paelic's eyes watered from the pain and smoke coming from his charred clothing. Somehow this chaos chamption was able to turn his own flames back against him. This was useless to continue fighting like this. He could barely make out his opponent through his haze but could see the large bulky armor close enough with flickers of red. A champion of khorne. That was how he reflected his spell. Paelic had heard the followers of the blood god were very resistant to magic, but he had no idea how much so. This would require a change in tactics.

Paelic raised his hand to the air trying to feel out the winds of magic to flow through his crippled body. He could feel Rhun's power flow through him as the flickering fires of a sword began to appear in his hands.

Raising his left hand towards his foe he gave an gestured for him to come forward.

"Come fight me, or do the whips of your dark masters weaken your sword arm as well as your mind?"

Paelic smiled. Somehow he doubted a champion of Khorne could refuse his challenge.

*4th wall I know I'm sorry =D *
*Paelic casts Sword of Rhun*
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  deadlychair Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:52 pm

Casting Roll
40+20+5+5+7-34 = 43 < 38 Failure
Miscast Chance -
90 < 14 No miscast

Paelic struggled to form the sword, but the small fires remaining on his armor kept him from concentrating properly and the image of the sword faded.

Updated Status!

Seros' Turn!

Last edited by deadlychair on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
deadlychair
deadlychair
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonicFerret Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Seros sneered at the singed Paelic. "My master powers your spells as well as mine, hedge wizard. But while you struggle to harness these meager cantrips and tricks, I have been granted the true power of the Winds." Seros was grandstanding at this point, addressing his words to the crowd of onlookers. Any publicity is good publicity, as they say. "Behold, the flames of the Raven God!" With a wave of his hand, Seros conjured another beam of fire toward Paelic.

Red Fire. If you want to get in melee, you can walk your ass over here and do it, I'm not coming to you.

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  deadlychair Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:51 am

Casting Roll
Base Roll + Spell Level + Armor Penalty + Wounds + Number of Spells Previously Cast + Number of times this Spell has been Previously Cast - Willpower
40+10+10+9+5+10-43 = 41 < 20 Failure
Miscast Chance -
80 < 17 No miscast

Seros' tried to summon the winds that he could so easily feel, but it seemed his god had moved its eye elsewhere as the winds refused to heed his call.

Updated Status!

Paelic's Turn!

Last edited by deadlychair on Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the last S on Seros)
deadlychair
deadlychair
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:57 am

Paelic smiled as he felt the winds of magic leave his foe. Drawing in the leaking essence from his adversary he tried once again to summon the blade of flame.

"Your gods have left you, fallen one. But the Fires of Aquishy shall purify your damned soul!"

*Cast Sword of Rhun again - on the off chance an IF occurs I will move forward 1 zone*
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  deadlychair Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:04 am

Casting Roll
Base Roll + Spell Level + Armor Penalty + Number of Spells Previously Cast + Wounds - Willpower
40+20+5+5+7-34 = 43 < 62 Success
Irresistible Force -
90 < 1 Normal Casting

Paelic found the winds easily as they shied away from Seros'. After a moment of concentration the brilliant sword of flame he had previously tried to summon appeared in his hand.

Updated Status!

Seros' Turn!
deadlychair
deadlychair
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonicFerret Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:57 am

Seros narrowed his eyes warily at the sight of the flaming sword. He would strongly prefer not to be struck by this weapon. Once again, he raised his hands to harness the Changer's fire.

Red Fire yaaaay

Does Sword of Rhun have a duration? Give me access to this damn admin section so I can see spells again

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  deadlychair Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:14 am

Casting Roll
Base Roll + Spell Level + Armor Penalty + Wounds + Number of Spells Previously Cast + Number of times this Spell has been Previously Cast - Willpower
40+10+10+9+5+10-43 = 41 < 64 Success
Irresistible Force -
80 < 52 Normal Casting

Spell Power Roll
34-43+40 = 31 < 98

Damage
4-13+Wp-Wp/5 - Arm
7+1-1 = 7 damage. (seriously the same roll exactly)

This time the eye of the Lord of Change was upon his champion, watching as the flames spread from Paelic's sword to cover his body once more.

Status!

Paelic: 2/16 Dying (I assume, it would really be nice to have access to an admin or mod section where these were defined)

Paelic's Turn!

Last edited by deadlychair on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed something I already thought I fixed, but wasn't)
deadlychair
deadlychair
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonicFerret Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:40 am

deadlychair wrote:
40+10+10+9+5+10-43 = 41 < 64 Failure

I think you meant that other word, the one that means the opposite of failure. <3

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:43 am

(*Chair) - They were never formally defined. This admin section really has nothing of value except all the old magic lores. Since you guys are QQing I'll move them back for now. The statuses were Perfect @ 100%, 50-99% = Good, 25-49 = Wounded, 1-24% Dying. When I get around to making the cheat sheet. That'll be on there. Don't worry.

Pain flooded through Paelic's body as the fire washed over him. This champion of chaos was odd. Somehow he could reverse the time and flow of magic to redirect spells Paelic had already cast back at him. Chaos certainly worked in mysterious and dangerous ways. Knowing he was running out of options Paelic conjured small flames by his feet that flooded the arena with smoke. Stepping back into the smoke he vanished from sight.

*Paelic uses stealth =P Try and find me now chaos scum!*
*Sword of Rhun lasts until the end of battle or I cast another spell*
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  deadlychair Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:30 am

Status
------------?Paelic?------------------

Paelic: 2/16 Dying

Seros' Turn!
deadlychair
deadlychair
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonicFerret Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:33 am

Seros found himself impressed with this man's ability to vanish from sight while on the brink of unconsciousness, under the direct observation of a crowd of people. He truly had underestimated him. No doubt he would appear from the shadows and strike before Seros could stop him, so he had best take certain precautions.

From the smoldering ashes on the floor, wisps of orange flame began to rise, forming rings that circled around Seros' body.

(Orange Fire. Since it's the only thing I can actually do right now.)

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  deadlychair Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:49 am

Casting Roll
Base Roll + Spell Level + Armor Penalty + Wounds + Number of Spells Previously Cast - Willpower
40+20+10+9+10-43 = 58 < 51 Failure
Chance for Miscast -
10 < 8 Miscast!

Miscast Roll
24 - "You accidentally draw your power from the Lore of High Magic. All casters suffer a -20 penalty to their casting rolls. You are bound to the flow of all the winds. Whenever a wizard fails a casting check, you take damage equal to the level of the spell. If you know the Lore of High Magic, you heal equal to the level of any successfully cast spell."

2 damage (spell level 2)

The crowd roared as the defensive flames that Seros had summoned began to turn and ignite their master.

Status!
------------?Paelic?------------------

Paelic: 2/16 Dying (I assume, it would really be nice to have access to an admin or mod section where these were defined)
Seros: 10/21 Wounded

Paelic's Turn!

(I just wanted to let you know I didn't have access to that section so we wouldn't get into any real trouble later. Though it was almost useful this time, since the Mantle of the Orange Flame in the magic section is different than the one in Seros' profile.)
deadlychair
deadlychair
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:54 am

Paelic could feel the magic turn against his foe. Lunging forward with what was left of his strength he moved through the smokescreen behind his opponent. Drawing his blade close he whispered into his opponents man's ear. "Your time is at an end heretic..."

*Dash 2 zones to the right*
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next