WAR: Tide of Ichor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trial Fight - King Zaket VII

2 posters

Go down

Trial Fight - King Zaket VII Empty Trial Fight - King Zaket VII

Post  FlyingPinkPony Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:19 am

King Zaket was walking down the port looking over the bay where he had washed up. It was bright out and the waves gently brushed up against the docks, a deceitful serenity masking the true horrors in and out of the water. Something in the water caught Zakets eye. A large chunk of broken hull was drifting slowly towards the docks. As it approached a man could be seen lying down on the broken timber. Zaket stood on the piece of the dock as the dock workers worked around him loading up a nearby ship. One worker stopped to see what Zaket was staring at.

He gave a sigh muttering to Zaket "Looks like we got another one." Setting down his box he waved to his coworkers. "We got another one lads! Fetch the ropes." A couple of them dropped what they were doing and grabbed long sticks and rope and began pulling him in. One hopped off the dock and landed gracefully onto the piece of hull grabbing the man who immediately began coughing up seawater. "We got a live one!" The other workers pulled them both up as the man coughed up mouthful after mouthful of seawater. Slowly his eyes opened and he looked around at the men surrounding him. His eyes went wide as he spotted Zaket. Standing weakly he pointed at the King.

"You! You damn monster killed my crew! Killed my friends. I'll see you to the bottom of the ocean rotten filth!" Drawing a pistol and cutlass from his belt the man staggered towards King Zaket a murderous glint in his eye. The dock workers backed away the pistol wielding man.

Initiative 2*Ag + Die Roll
Zaket 20+ 34 = 54
Grave Robber 30+ 40 = 70

Turn Order
Grave Robber
Zaket

Battlefield
Grave Robber _________ _________
Zaket
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

https://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Trial Fight - King Zaket VII Empty Re: Trial Fight - King Zaket VII

Post  FlyingPinkPony Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:21 am

The grave robber strode forward brandishing his pistol.

"Die monster!"

Hit
10-15=45<21 Miss

The bullet flew wide as the mans arm shook, whether from rage or dehydration nobody could tell.

Zaket you're up.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Budou Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:32 am

It was rare for the Tomb King Zaket VII to enjoy a moment of rest. His trip to the port was his first venturing from the East Quarter, where most of his allies swarmed. Given his cloak and mask he appeared more of an entertainer or perhaps a lesser noble to onlookers; quickly dismissed as an eccentric one. When the Tomb King Zaket VII spotted the chunk of ship in the distance he almost knew immediately that it had belonged to the same ship he called home for a short time; the live crew member however was of great surprise.

“If only we were not enemies, I would have more use for a man like you.” To this King Zaket VII removed his hood, his flawless gold mask catching all the nearby sun. Quickly those around the Whispering King fled as quickly as their feet might move them.

“I must introduce you to your crew brave sailor, so that you might join them.”

<I summon Ushabti (Two-Handed Weapon)>
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:15 pm

Battlefield
_________ Grave Robber _________
Zaket
Ushabi
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Budou Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:22 pm

Watching the wreck of a sailor approach him, the Whispering King could not help but admire his courage. This admiration however was only short lived.

"Ushabti, remove his limbs", the words flowed from his mask in the pattern of crimson red, filing the air with symbols of an unknown script; the power of his incantations released after so long.

<Incantation of Fervor on Ushabti, charge and attack>

<Does Ushabti get an additional action as well? If so, he will attack after the Fervor.>
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:27 pm

Roaring with rage the grave robber drew his cutlass and charged the Ushabi.

*Charge Ushabi*

Hit
14-15+50=47<83 Hit

Block
95< 82 Failed to Block

Wound
12-15+50=47<56 Wound

Damage
4-8 + S-T/5 - Arm
6+0-1=5 damage

The cutlass slammed into the Ushabi as a large chunk of bone broke away from its shoulder. The great beast was forced back as the grave robber launched another series of attacks.

Status
Grave Robber - Perfect
Ushabi: Dying 2/7
King Zaket: Perfect 20/20

(*You post way fast =) the battlefield status was the effect of your summoning. I'll treat your Ushabi as doing a basic attack instead of a charge since you're in the same zone.)
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:41 pm

(*Resolving Summons first)

Ushabi brought its large blade into a low sweep attempting to remove the robbers legs as instructed.

Dodge
95< 93 Failed to Dodge

Hit
15-14+50=51<60 Hit

Wound
15-18+50=47<77 Wound

Damage
5-9 + S-T/5 - Arm
9 + 0 - 0 = 9 damage.

The blade swept in catching the man in the leg leaving a long gash across both thighs as blood poured from the open wound.

*Zaket casts Incantation*
Incantation of Fervor

Casting Roll
50+10-31=29<59 Success.

Hit
15-14+50-20=31<70 Hit

Wound
15-18+50=47<68 Wound

Damage
5-9+S-T/5- Arm
8-0-0=8 Damage

As the ancient words flowed from King Zakets mouth the Ushabi surged forward once again this time cutting for the grave robbers arms. The blade caught his left forearm severing the arm at the wrist. Screaming the man fell back trying desperately to stop his extreme bloodloss.

Status
Grave Robber - Dying -17
Ushabi: Dying 2/7
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:46 pm

The grave robber was bleeding out fast but cornered prey is often the most dangerous. Lashing out with his blade he swung for the Ushabi once again.

(*Stat increase due to current health)

Hit
14-20+50=49<82 Hit

Block
95< 69 Failed to Block

Wound
12-20+50=47<72 Wound

Damage
4-8+S-T/5-Arm
6+1-1= 6 damage Ushabi dead.

Switching from a swing to a tackle the robber smashed into the beast that was made up of the former members of his crew. Bringing the blade down again and again the cutlass severed and broke apart bone, sinew, and armor leaving the Ushabi shattered and broken on the ground.

King Zaket you're up.

Status
Grave Robber - Dying -17
Ushabi: Broken
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Trial Fight - King Zaket VII Empty Questions:

Post  Budou Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:09 am

<Shouldn't Ushabti deal +3 damage on his last attack? This would bring the sailor to -20>

<Can I use a heal to bring Ushabti back up? If so, does he get to act?>
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:47 am

You are correct sir that would bring the robber down exactly neg 20 which is just enough to kill him. Apologies, still not used to all the new rules. Congrats you won the fight.

Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Budou Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:51 am

<cool cool, can I get a re-write for RP then from your side?>

<Also, would I be able to heal him if he gets broken?>
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:01 am

<Was workin on it. You always post so fast.>

<As it currently stands you cannot revive dead characters including summons. I'm considering tossing up an ability that allows a small summon revive.>

As the ancient words flowed from King Zakets mouth the Ushabi surged forward once again this time cutting for the grave robbers arms. The blade caught his left forearm severing the arm at the wrist. Screaming the man fell back trying desperately to stop his extreme bloodloss...

As the man fell backwards the Ushabi stepped in with surprising speed and hoisted the man up by arms and began to pull. The dock workers watched in horror as the man screamed in pain as the undead construct ripped his arms off in a horrific burst of blood. The man collapsed to the ground dead as the Ushabi brought its blade down severing the mans legs.

*Victory*

Loot
2 - Gold
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Budou Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:32 am

The site of the short battle was quite a view to behold. Spread across the port were the remains of the proud sailor who had attacked the Tomb King Zaket VII; his limbs properly separated from his body as requested.

“Ushabti, you serve me well” the Whispering King spoke has he examined what little of the body was left. Carefully the Tomb King Zaket VII eyed the structure and use of the man’s hearty body. It seemed that years at sea made his skin particularly resistant to the burning sun and corrosive salt; perhaps some use was still to be found for him. The Whispering King stood covering his head now with cloak and made quickly, with Ushabti and corpse in hand, to the shoreline away from prying eyes. As he walked the Old King rolled the gold coins he recovered from his enemy carefully in his hands.

The Tomb King Zaket VII reached the thick brush of the shoreline finally, once there a voice came out, "My King, it is I your favored Vassal Akhom." The boy stepped out from the brush with three other children in hand all kneeling now before the Great King. "We heard your voice calling out to us only moments ago, what service may we be to you our King?"

The Tomb King Zaket VII spoke as if looking a great distance ahead, "Favored Vassal Akhom, you will clean the port floor of the unfortunate mess Ushabti did make. We need not investigators arrousing questions of this man's death. As for the sailors who witnessed the combat I doubt any of them will report it for fear of their ending. Make quickly this work, I must retreat to the East Quarter to examine this body."

"Yes my King, we will work quickly to remove the stains." To this the Children of The Whispering King rose and quickly made their way to the port with rags and small buckets of water. Akhom stood as lookout, eyeing the sailors who would venture too close to the scene.

The Tomb King Zaket VII turned to his faithful bodyguard, "What amazing servants we have ventured is such short time?"
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down