WAR: Tide of Ichor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Thread - Tomb King Zaket VII

2 posters

Go down

Training Thread - Tomb King Zaket VII Empty Training Thread - Tomb King Zaket VII

Post  Budou Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:45 am

Night had come quicker than the Tomb King Zaket VII predicted. He pondered momentarily if somehow time has increased its pace since he had last walked the world? Dismissing the thought he took inventory of his surroundings with great measure. The ship that once carried him from his homeland was spread across the shallow beach in pieces no doubt torn apart by the reef further out. His rescuers bodies were thronged about in an absolute mess.

“This will hardly do” The Tomb King Zaket VII spoke to himself. “What method to treat my rescuers? They deserve a gift as their reward for good service to their King.”

Quickly the Tomb King Zaket VII went about gathering the limbs and skulls of his since slayed enemies. He found shelter under a larger section of hull washed ashore creating a makeshift hut.

“So many parts, not one of quality, what use are men in this age?”

And so the Tomb King Zaket VII set upon his gruesome task. Carefully he removed sections of skin, collected blood and finally bound bones together with a mysterious tar like substance produced from his black talons. For three full days he worked, making minute adjustments has he saw fit a creature, hoping to produce something of use with materials not becoming of their purpose. On the fourth day the Tomb King Zaket VII exited his makeshift hut and began to draw about the sand large symbols not written in centuries. Carefully he created the curves and lines required, straining his memory to recall each such symbol from so long ago. Suddenly he stopped and stood a full minute before reaching down to one engraving, and from his talon a single drop of red ichor as thick as oil dropped to the ground. Quickly the drop became a pool, and from this pool came a stream of red engulfing the small spaces left in the sand until there were none. A great glowing came from his mask’s eyes, followed by the sudden coming of great black clouds off shore. A so the Tomb King Zaket VII spoke,

“Rise and serve.”

Training Thread - Tomb King Zaket VII Tk_ush10

And so from the once sturdy shack came a great rumble, followed by an unearthly howl. From the entrance stepped a creature not dissimilar in form and shape to the great King. It s body a mass of dried flesh fused with an assortment of bones stitched together in a unnatural form holding its basic shape. The creature stood tall and confident, its face made entirely of a collage of skulls formed to create a beak. Eyeless the creature reached for a nearby cleaver and banged the weapon to its chest twice saluting its King for the first time.

“Ushabti, you are to serve your King as the old ways require. Perform well, and I may allow you a name.”
Wasting no time, the Tomb King Zaket VII quickly made way further down the beach. He had spotted lights far in the distance and with bodyguard in toe he could now begin to explore his new home.

“What use are men without a King ?”

+3 Wp (518 Words)

Last edited by Budou on Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Training Thread - Tomb King Zaket VII Empty Re: Training Thread - Tomb King Zaket VII

Post  FlyingPinkPony Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:37 am

Nice post. Approved. Your character will be added to the current players list with the appropiate stat and skill adjustments.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

https://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Training Thread - Tomb King Zaket VII Empty The Children of the Whispering King

Post  Budou Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:58 am

Things were progressing accordingly for the old King. He had found himself on a strange island, transported to a different age of man, yet still he found familiarities abundant. Men still feared the Gods, the strong preyed on the weak, and more importantly those who would serve him were far in number. The Tomb King Zaket VII in two weeks time accomplished a great variety of goals. Already the word was starting to spread of the “Whispering King” who protected the children of East Quarter. His most favored, Akhom, took great measure in sharing his lord’s word with only the trusted. The streets began to fill with his child servants all of whom would scour the city for relics and information about the past. The Tomb King Zaket VII wished to make himself familiar with the new past and sought as much wisdom as possible.

The Children of the Whispering King moved about their lives in apparent normality to their peers. Their only indication of loyalty the strange black ring of symbols each had imprinted around their wrist by the King himself. Added to this subversion was the very plain fact that the children of the East Quarter were never watched carefully. Their ranks were filled with orphans and rejects of all sorts; whose parents were so caught up in their daily tasks that a child might disappear from time to time with no real reaction to the fact. Their numbers always remained small, only taking new members when required. The Tomb King Zaket VII believed that perhaps a single “class” of students was good enough for now as any more might rise suspicion. Only the day before did Ash’kahn, one of his loyalist thieves, bring him the message of a Chaos Man whom properly identified one of his burial pins.

Training Thread - Tomb King Zaket VII Img15410

“We should not seek his help my King” the Vassal Akhom spoke freely as was his right as favored, “the Chaos Men are all ravaged thugs and murderers!” To this the Tomb King Zaket VII did ponder for some time.

Above his whispering mask did the Tomb King Zaket VII speak, “My favored Vassal Akhom, are you not too a murderer? Did you not murder Taylor the Swift to attain your position at my side?”

Akhom lowered his head only briefly. He had killed the boy who tormented him rightly so in single combat to prove his worth. If faced again with the same choice he would perform it a thousand times in a thousand different ways. Was it joy that Akhom felt over the death of his enemy? Or perhaps was it the necessity of the murder that gave him such comfort over the fact?

“We are all murderers Akhom, this lesson you will learn well. The Chaos Men are controlled by their lust of power and the promises it makes. No doubt this Chaos Man is a follower of the Changer of Ways, a great being who controls the flow of knowledge and shape. As an ally he may possess knowledge unknown to even myself. “

Akhom did not enjoy the prospect of a Chaos Man in their ranks. But his King had never been wrong before about matters of knowledge and the men who seek it. The children of the East Quarter worked every day to gather more knowledge for their Whispering King; perhaps another sorcerer would ease this burden.

“In your mind you are making distinctions Akhom, this I know well. But forgo these thoughts of yours. For you are my favored, and I your King. The burden of choice is simply no longer yours struggle with.” To this statement the Tomb King Zaket VII feel silent very briefly, the King toying carefully with the burial pin given to him as a gift. “My favored Vassal Akhom, you will seek out this Chaos Man. You will arrange a meeting and nothing more. But first, we must find suitable dwellings.”

“My lord, I have thought of this carefully and may have just the place in mind” Akhom leapt at the opportunity presented to him.

“You serve your King well.”

+3 Wp (683 words)
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Training Thread - Tomb King Zaket VII Empty Re: Training Thread - Tomb King Zaket VII

Post  FlyingPinkPony Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:06 am

Approved.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Budou Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:42 am

The day was warmer than usual for the jungle, which explained Akhom’s slight uncomfort amongst the dry bushes. He had been on look out duty now for seven hours, his only comfort a small jug of water and some briskets his mother prepared for him. She was a kind woman to him, unlike Talyor the Swift’s mother Akhom had always been treated with warmth and kindness. As a toddler she would carry him by the arms down the dirt roads of East Quarter without ever complaining of her burden. His father was already dead at the time, a pirate sailor who lived a double life on shore. Often he would be gone at sea and return with strange trinkets from his ‘voyages’ to far off lands. Akhom knew later that he had never left very far from the port at all, instead attacking and murdering crews and they deported with their own riches. He met his death by the sword he was told when the Port Master had his share of pirating. His mother never truly recovered from the loss of her husband. Despite his choice is career he was a caring man to his wife and a loving father. Akhom had not given much thought to the matter in sometime. He wondered now if perhaps he had more in common with Taylor than he first thought, that in some other world they would be friends?

“Favored Vassal Akhom, night approaches and you mother awaits you” the Tomb King Zaket VII had approached the young boy without making a sound. Quickly Akhom rose from his hiding spot and greeted his King,

“My Lord, I have seen nothing these long hours to report. However I have concern about your efforts during the night.” Akhom spoke carefully of his concerns to the Whispering King, knowing that he did not favor disrespect.

The Old King pondered the remark for a short time. “The night is a very dangerous place for all living things on this island Favored Vassal Akhom, but we are fortunate enough to no longer hold ranks among them.” To this did Ushabti appear from the waters edge a short distance away. The hulking mass of muscle and bronze was covered in an inch thick coating of mud and sediment; quickly it worked to clean itself for reasons unknown. The Great King continued, “This location you have chosen for our Temple is quite excellent Akhom, your mind is as keen as a sword” to this the Old King looked out in the distance.

The three stood at the edge of relatively small lake of fresh water that existed at the edge of East Quarter. It was known to the locals as the “Amber Lake” due to the odd hue of the water during the day. It seemed that long strings of long red plant life created the coloring of the lake leading many people of Tameria to stay away. Akhom had taken note of this long ago as he used the lake as a feeding point for his goats often; even natural predators seemed to say away from the place. It was here that Akhom suggested the Tomb King Zaket VII build his Temple. The location was secluded from the rest of East Quarter and children would be able to come here under the guise of fetching water; making their meetings easier to manage. Most important however was the ability for his Lord to remain under water without breath. This advantage meant excellent security for the day times should adventures come seeking the Old King.

Training Thread - Tomb King Zaket VII Red20l10

“Ushabti has done well in his digging. The lake is deep in its trenches and there is an abundance of stone towards the bottom already. I doubt this location was always a lake, there did seem to be some ruins down there. The marking reminded me of the Old Ones. No doubt I will make greater use of the plot.” The Tomb King Zaket VII walked with his vassal towards East Quarter as Ushabti returned to work. “Soon we will have enough stone to create a suitable chamber at the bottom, for which Ushabti will gather air. In this way Akhom you will be able to visit my chamber as well as the other followers. There we will keep the treasures you have thus far gathered.” The Old King seemed to speak in a higher tone than normal for his royal mood.

“Are you not happy my Lord Zaket VII?” Akhom asked his King.

To this the Tomb King Zaket VII did remark, “With the chamber completed I will be able to study during all hours without interruption, this news brings me a joy not felt for many years. Should I be forced to rebuild my kingdom one room at a time I will do so. Come now, your mother worries.”

+3 Wp (800 words)
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:31 am

Approved. However I am going to politely request you min/max your stats less in the future.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Budou Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:28 am

Sounds good, I'll lay some more into T and W in the future. I think I might also invest in some S.
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Training Thread - Tomb King Zaket VII Empty Hard Lessons

Post  Budou Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:21 am

The sounds of combat hung in the air as sword met dagger near the Amber Lake. In the distance the Tomb King Zaket VII watched passionately as his favored vassal engaged in combat with loyal Ushabti. The battle of course was a sparring season in this case however the blades they used were very much real.

Why do we not use sticks for practice Great King?” Akhom had questioned. To this the Old King responded, “Because you must intend to kill your enemy.”

The fight was progressing quickly now with the favor to Ushabti. Akhom had already suffered several blows from the larger opponent in an attempt to defend his position. He used a smaller dagger, sometime two, when fighting. This allowed him to gain more attacks however it seemed longer to actually kill an opponent. Ushabti used his favored cleaver for attacking, making sure to not use so much force as to kill the boy; regardless of the wounds they suffered the Tomb King Zaket VII possessed the magic to heal them fully.

“We are all murderers are we not Ushabti?” Akhom quickly danced between Ushabti’s legs delivering a large gash to both heels. Ushabti quickly turned unnaturally and responded with his own clicking like tongue. Ushabti stood to gain ground only then noticing that he was unable to do so from the gashes in his legs; the weakness to feeling no pain. With speed unmatched Akhom jumped on Ushabti’s back quickly bringing both daggers to Ushabti’s throat and ripping flesh asunder.
Ushabti fell to the ground defeated as Akhom wiped away the blood from his eyes, a previous gash seen across his forehead.

The Tomb King Zaket VII approached his vassal, “You improve well Akhom, you are even now able to defeat Ushabti. Perhaps now I should make you my personal guard?” The Old King jested with him.

“Nay my Lord, Ushabti is a better guardian than I. He requires no sleep, no food to sustain him, and he feels no pain. With your blessings he makes a better warrior.” All these things were true and the Old King admired his vassal’s ability to discern the truth so quickly.

“These daggers you have chosen my favored Vassal, they are a fine weapon. However you must strike with more power if you intend to kill stronger opponents.” The Tomb King Zaket VII took one of the daggers and inspected it. “But my King, I was able to best Ushabti already with them”, young Akhom retorted freely. To this the Tomb King Zaket VII took the dagger in his hand and held it to his chest just over his heart.
“Strike this dagger as hard as you can my Vassal” the command came.

Akhom was instantly filled with grief for his retort to his King. In order to prove his point his King would now challenge him to his words. Akhom looked to his Lord’s mask and then back to the dagger now covering his heart. He thought only for a moment about the strike, wondering if somehow he could not use his full force and still convince the King he had. To this did he hear the ever familiar whispering in his mind speak out to him, “Strike Me”. And so as quickly as he fell Taylor the Swift did Akhom move his palm forward pushing the dagger as hard as he could muster for his King. The dagger drove deep in the Old King’s chest, a loud cracking sound could be heard as it spread the ribs and tore muscle. Akhom closed his eyes as to not see the damage done.

“Open your eyes Akhom, you have performed well” the Tomb King Zaket VII demanded. To this Akhom did open his eyes and view his dagger imbedded in his Lord near to the hilt. The face of the Great King was unchanged behind his mask as the King inspected the wound. “You must be ruthless with you foes Akhom, you must strike them again and again until they understand your true nature.” To this the Old King grabbed the dagger and dug it further still into his chest, twisting the blade all the while. “You will encounter enemies with such conviction that should you even tear their heart out they may find strength to strike at you still. Always remember this Akhom.”

“Yes my King, I will” Akhom responded.

“Never doubt the power of men with convictions” To this the Tomb King Zaket VII raised Ushabti and so did retreat to the Amber Lake for rest.

<+2 T, +1 W>
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:42 am

Approved and updated.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Training Thread - Tomb King Zaket VII Empty Ahkeem Part I

Post  Budou Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:05 pm

Ahkeem was her name. She was new to the Children of the Whispering King having only moved to East Quarter in the last year. Her family had come upon hard times after her father feel ill while working the lumbar mill. Her mother was of moderate means to say the least; a small hut they shared with another single parent family, feed by the laundry they did for some entertainers from the Red District. Ahkeem would often speak to the Tomb King Zaket VII of her mother and her youth. She was a dancer herself who had hoped to one day be a performer for some royal court teaching dances where they were needed. Alas fate had different plans for all involved.

The streets were busy for East Quarter, water soaked dirt paths weaving in and out of huts. Even the few stone buildings were seen leaking in places no doubt due to rain. Regardless people where out and about looking for wares and workers from East Quarter to fill their needs. There was always a demand for labor in East Quarter. The residents there were most willing to perform dangerous tasks for the promise of pay. Some would favor them slave labor in that regard, all except the Whispering King. On this day Ahkeem was tasked with fetching small stones through out the village that she had been told were “very special” to the Old King. She went about her task carefully looking for the amber colored stones that would be revealed under the mud.

The man cloaked in a brown trench coat had been watching little Ahkeem work away with her stones. Carefully she hid them in her basket as to avoid strangers seeing what she had, but this man knew well what was there. He had heard rumors now for several weeks about the children of East Quarter. Their strange meetings occurred in secret, and the entire quarter’s worth of children all seemed busy with tasks instead of play. Pulling down the brim of his hat he knew what would come next; he had planned it. Ahkeem moved behind one of the huts investigating a dirt mound carefully. It was then that the stranger launch his assault on the small girl; a careful blow to the head with a concealed blackjack. Quickly he picked up the girl and her basket and made for the nearby jungle where he had prepared a cart suitable for transportation.

- - -

It was not until dusk when the rain had stopped that her missing was reported to Akhom. The children had gathered as they did at the shore of the Amber Lake, awaiting the Whispering King’s arrival to teach them their lessons. With the head count short Akhom wondered if perhaps he should report it to his Lord or let it be left as a simple absence. Just as his thoughts were coming together the Tomb King Zaket VII made his entrance to the children known.

“Greetings children, I am glad to see you here” the children gathered near the shore now to receive their blessing from the Whispering King. Akhom approached first as was his right,” Great King, we are lacking Ahkeem in presence” he spoke. To this did the Whispering King take note of the absence and respond to his favored vassal.

“Akhom, she is of the most loyal sort to me. I doubt there is anything that would stop her from attending tonight.” The Old King’s words were true, of all the other children Ahkeem was loyal second only to Akhom. Even her name was given such as to resemble Akhom’s name as an equal in value. For the first time known to Akhom the Tomb King Zaket VII grew quiet in his whispers, the silence deafening to all the children.

“My Lord, what is it that you detect?” Akhom asked.

“Death. My Ahkeem is no longer in this world.” To this did the children did loose their grasp on the situation, some began to cry uncontrollably at the thought of the loss as Ahkeem was favored greatly. Death was not new to these children. Any child of East Quarter knew well what it was to have Death as a guest in their house, but few thought it possible now with their Whispering King Protecting them.

“My Lord, allow me to leave this night and investigate what has happened to Ahkeem. I swear I will find the meaning of this.” Akhom’s chest carried the heavy weight of the news well, his voice barely cracking from the anger that now began to take hold of his body. Over the weeks he began to feel as responsible for each of his fellow followers more and more.

“Nay Akhom. I do not doubt you ability to find the truth in this matter, and were it simply a missing child I would surely allow you your way. However,” to this the Tomb King Zaket VII’s eyes for the first time changed from their yellow to a darker shade of red hue, “I will handle this matter personally.”

To this the Tomb King Zaket VII made his exit from the shore of Amber Lake. Ushabti emerged a short time later to entertain and distract the distraught children with mimic tales of battle. Akhom watched as the undead beast made best effort to change the sullen mood, yet he knew something they could not understand.

“My King, what murder will you commit?”

- - -

Three slept quietly in the straw hut. A small puddle of water had taken residence in the far southern corner of the hut where Ahkeem would sleep. Through the East Quarter a black robbed figure carefully maneuvered through the streets at speeds which would suggest intimate knowledge of the Quarter. Indeed, the Tomb King Zaket VII was able to see through the eyes of all his children each night, and knew well the make of East Quarter in a way few could understand; through the eyes of a child. Quickly did he arrive at Ahkeem’s hut where he found her sleeping mother and the other two occupants.

“Shoshana, awake.” The command from the Great King flew silently through the air, awaking Ahkeem’s mother.

She awoke quickly and without fright, for fright was not the intention of this visit. Shoshana was a simple beauty; her years of dancing showed what a beautiful woman now torn from that life. She rose quietly as to not disturb her room mates. Carefully tip toeing to the entrance to meet the cloak man.

“Whom are you to venture to my hut at this hour? An entertainer seeking his wares? I haven’t finished for the week, come back later.” Shoshana seemed to dismiss the Old King for his guise.

The Tomb King Zaket VII spoke with clear intent, “Shoshana, do you know whom you child whispers to each night?” The woman looked down for a moment at the question, and then quickly raised her eyes to meet the Old King’s mask. “Dearly no, you can not be real” the woman was at a loss for her words, for she knew well what the children spoke of their protector and the protection he promised them. She backed cautiously to the hut seeking something to hold her up to.

“I am the Whispering King, and I have come to deliver to you the news of your daughter’s death.”

The woman was now completely loss in her mind, an audible cry coming from her mouth before she quickly covered it with her hand, tears streaming down the sides of her face. Could it be true? Could her dear daughter be lost to East Quarter as so many had been before? Was she to live the rest of her life alone in indifference to this world? All these thoughts and more came to her quickly and overwhelmed her before she too began to hear the whisper began to reach into her mind.

“It is not a time for grieving yet Shoshana, I have important work to perform this night but I require you mind for this moment to assist me. Will you open you mind to me?” The words flew through her mind, removing the doubts that had existed before to corrupt her. “Yes”, was her only reply. The Tomb King Zaket VII reached into her mind quickly searching for any clue as to what fate reached his follower; it did not take long to find what he was looking for.

“A witch has assisted this killing. I must go” the Old King quickly replied.

“And what of my daughter and my grief, what do you have for that?” Shoshana replied, now a crumpled mass. To this the Whispering King dead reach his talon down to the woman and touch her forehead carefully so.

“You will sleep, and when I return, your vengeance will be docked.”

The beauty Shoshana did fall asleep.

- - -

Last edited by Budou on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Training Thread - Tomb King Zaket VII Empty Ahkeem Part II

Post  Budou Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:05 pm

The Tomb King Zaket VII moved at a much slower pace now. The night was aging quickly, and this part of town was less well known to him. A single long corridor of stone building made of the Red District. Each building was no taller than two stories, but their intent was clear in function; this was a place of adultery. The Great King scanned the signs quickly looking for the marks which would lead him where he needed to be. After some searching he found the symbols required; the language of the Dark Elves adored one of the doors carefully.

The Old King did rap his talon upon the door greatly. A meek looking human girl answered the door, her dress no more fanciful than the Old King’s robe.

“What do you want entertainer? This is a place for the only the darkest of desires and you seem not the type of client who rap upon this door.” The youth of the girl quickly was quickly seen as camouflage to the Tomb King Zaket VII. She was either in disguise, or perhaps she too had seen too much in her time.

“I wish to see the one, the one known as the Mistress of Pain.”

The cloaked woman looked carefully over the Tomb King Zaket VII as if to appraise his value. She took particular note in his mask, its quality was superb and at best could be fetched a fair price. The girl opened the door further allowing the Old King to enter. Once inside did he find his surroundings familiar to that of a torture chamber he had once constructed for his own enemies. The cloaked girl quickly disrobed herself revealing a right fitting bodice and long fitting gloves; clearly she was part of this.

“She will be with you soon.” The girl disappeared to one of the exits in the back.

A short while later did the Tomb King Zaket VII first catch wind of the scent familiar to him; blood. Her approached was similar to his own in merit. Her dark flesh seemed smeared with fresh blood and her dress was in similar fashion to her assistant. She seemed to carry herself with little fear and she strutted to the Great King. Once facing him, she reached to slap him, no doubt one of the games she was employed for. He hand was quickly caught by his talon and it was then that this Mistress of Pain knew something was amiss.

“Whom are you to reject me? Who are you to challenge me in my own house?” The Dark Elf struggled to free herself of the Old King grasp.

“I am the Tomb King Zaket VII, the Whispering King of East Quarter, and I have come here seeking information. You will give it to me, or I will introduce you to a sort of pain I doubt you would enjoy witch.”

The Dark Elf went limp in his grasp as she knew now that she her opponent was ruffian but instead the very ghost of East Quarter come to seek his revenge. “Take a seat Mistress of Pain, so we might become fast friends you and I.” The Mistress quickly took her seat carefully, the whispers already flowing through her mind compelling her to sit.

“Two nights ago, you informed a man of a little girl in East Quarter. This girl was the daughter of your laundry maiden, and you informed this man of a special connection to the Whispering King. Of these facts you were correct, but now this girl is dead and I have come to collect his name. You will provide this name to me, and in return I spare you your life. For your convictions are not measured as I measure others, as your race has fallen prey to insecurities I do not find tolerable.” The room was silent for a short while.

“And what trust do I have in you to fulfill this agreement if you have no respect for my people?” The Mistress chided.

The Old King’s eyes grew an even darker red, “You have the word of a King little Dark Elf, pray that I keep it for you.”

“Rufus, his name is Rufus Ringrell. You will find him upstairs in my spare quarters, the girl I know not of.”

The Tomb King Zaket VII moved quickly upstairs to find the room mentioned. Inside he found the body of man sound asleep in bed, a large brown trench coat and hat set on a small table nearby. At the foot of the bed was Ahkeem’s small basket full of stones. Carefully did the Tomb King Zaket VII take the man from the room with his things under a spell of sleep. As he left the main room he was greeted by Ushabti, no doubt summoned by his master’s need. He took the still sleeping body of Rufus and carefully made his way back to the Amber Lake.

The Tomb King Zaket VII stood in the doorway a moment longer, turning his mask to face the Mistress, “You must choose you companions more carefully blood witch. If detected one drop of my child’s blood in this house I would burn you and everything in it to the very ground. The fate that awaits your companion will be unknown to even the Gods of Old. Should I ever see you in East Quarter my word might be broken in our agreement. Is this understood?”

The Mistress weighed her words carefully, sensing the power gazing at her, “Yes King.”

- - -

Rufus awoke disoriented and wet, unsure of his surroundings. He had fallen asleep at the witch’s home after disposing of the child in the bay. Her death was unfortunate as he had not understood his own strength when striking her. No doubt the creatures of the bay had taken care of the body once and for all. As he attempted to move he found that instead of his bed he was now on a stone, his arms and feet bound in chain, the amount of light barely visible at first sight. His shirt had been removed and strange marking covered patches of his body; he knew he would in great danger.

“Ah, our guest has awoken as he not?” The voice could be heard echoing in the large hall. Rufus looked around quickly to find its source, only catching the glimmering of a metal from the torch light nearby. From the shadows did the reflections reveal a mask floating towards him, its eyes now growing a dark vile red.

“Who are you, what is the meaning of this? Do you know who I am? The connections I have?” Rufus made an attempt at what the Old King considered humor.

“You have taken my child.” The face no appeared inches away from Rufus’s face, the still mask seemed to shake with a volatile anger.

“I can explain!” the man proclaimed quickly, “I did not mean to murder the child. I only wished to see what she was collecting and ask her questions about you. You’re the one I’ve been looking for! I head only rumor of your existence and I had to see with my own eyes a son of the old Empire; don’t you understand?”

The Tomb King Zaket VII only thought for a second, “This is quit excellent then. As I have been looking for you as well. I wish to impart some of my knowledge on to you, would you like that?”

Rufus for the moment allowed himself to be delighted, his goal of meeting a true Tomb king was finally to be fulfilled, all was going as planned despite the minor set back. “Yes Tomb King, I wish to learn anything you have to offer!”

“Excellent, Akhom bring me my tools.” To this Akhom approached the granite slab containing Rufus and did lay a tray upon it. “Akhom, today I will instruct you in the anatomy of men. Rufus has volunteered himself to this means.” The Old King grabbed what appeared to me a small razor from the tray and began to inspect it.

“What? No you can’t do this. Don’t you understand? I want to join you! I want to learn what you have to teach.” Rufus was pleading now to the Old King.

“Why you will Rufus, I will teach you all I know of the body. And fear not, for every mistake Akhom will make in you dissection, I will correct by healing the wound so that your life might not extinguish itself like my poor child Ahkeem did. You will know more about your body than you would ever learn without me. You should be proud of this occasion, for you have made yourself of good worth to me. Ushabti, please assist our guest.” Before the first scream could be uttered by the name uneasy Rufus he found his mouth gagged by Ushabti.

The Tomb King Zaket VII made his first incision across Rufus’s abdomen creating a fresh wound. “Now tell me favored Vassal Akhom, what do you know of the human heart?”

“It is filled with good intentions my Lord.”

<+2 T, + 1 W>

Last edited by Budou on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:24 pm

Approved and update. Additional +1 T granted for length. I am also going to once again suggest balancing out your character a bit more. You have still have 4 stats at their absolute minimum.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Budou Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:28 pm

<Tell you what, I'll won't do a training post involving Wisdom, Toughness, or Wounds for two weeks. You enjoy the story?>
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:37 pm

<The story was good. You seem to have a really firm grasp of your character. My only complaint is mechanically at the moment since your character is pretty min/maxed. Glad you seem to be enjoying it/getting into it. As for fluff details I'll be working on a more defined setting for the town soon (Hopefully including map and more!) and I will definitely be incorporating many of the details you, and others, have written about. Keep up the good work. >
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down