WAR: Tide of Ichor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magic - Mommy why does it burn?

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Magic - Mommy why does it burn? - Page 2 Empty Re: Magic - Mommy why does it burn?

Post  Forte Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:39 am

Spellcasting is risky enough without having to worry about nuking your allies too in my opinion. You already have to deal with accidently hitting all your allies with a ton of damage (see current mission).
Forte
Forte
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Magic - Mommy why does it burn? - Page 2 Empty Re: Magic - Mommy why does it burn?

Post  FlyingPinkPony Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:05 am

The main difference between accidental, aka Ferret fucking up, and FF is that FF is intentional and not all accidental. But I do believe it would be for everyone's benefit to not allow it except on accidents. Anyone opposed to not having FF?
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

https://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  deadlychair Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:05 am

What about enemy orc and goblin FF as special rule thingies, cuz that's just fluffy? Just to clarify I'm absolutely fine with no FF.
deadlychair
deadlychair
Soldier

http://acurioustalecory.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:30 am

Yeah enemies can have FF that's totally fine. Okay so it's decided. No FF for allies except on accident (Misfires, miscasts etc).
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:50 pm

Mkay so finally getting around to finishing off a magic lore.

Lore of Tzeentch- Finally needs the small summoning aspect it was promised revolving horrors.

The general idea instead of having stupid amounts of tiny summons they would fuse together, much as a pink horror splits into two blue horrors, two blues would fuse into a pink.

Here is the progression I was thinking

Blue Horror - Tiny pissant summon w/no abilities
Pink Horror - Small summon, can fling magic flames or something.
Flamer of Tzeentch - Flamethrower, Short range AoE.
Chaos Spawn of Tzeentch - Larger, Regerating powerful abomination.

here is the current list of ways to summon horrors

-Kill a foe with Blue Fire,
-Start the round off with one, 40% chance w/passive.
-Tzeentchy Epic randomness.
- We'll need to insert at least one more method of gaining horrors.

Ideas on how these creatures should scale? Doing a straight WP or Spellpower option seems possible but I don't see any more reason to encourage WP stacking.

One option I was considering is when two horrors fuse is that one would give the other a portion of their stats. I need to go to bed atm but thoughts would be appreciated.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:29 am

Mkay here are my initial thoughts on horror summoning. Whenever a horror is summoned it becomes fused with any that are currently present.

Blue Horror: Weapon Damage 3-5 damage.
Pink Horror: Weapon Damage 4-7 damage. Medium Ranged Attack, 3-6 magic damage. WP vs WP Wound. +5BS
Flamer of Tzeentch: Weapon Damage 6-8 damage. Short Ranged Attack, effects all enemies in targeted zone. +5WP, 2-9 fire damage. Wp vs WP for bonus damage.
Chaos Spawn - 8-12. Regeneration (20%), +5W

Regeneration (Regains X% of their W each round. This effect ends if they suffer fire damage.)

Horror Stats would start at a flat 8 across the board, with 6 in W.
Assuming no bonuses were present the horrors at each stage would possess the following stats.

BH - WS 8, BS 8, S8, T8, AG 8, WP8, W 6
PH - WS 12, BS 17, S12, T12, AG 12, WP12, W 9
TF - WS 16, BS 21, S16, T16, AG 16, WP21, W 12
CS - WS 20, BS 25, S20, T20, AG 20, WP25, W 20

There could be additional stats for example - Blue fire could take 10% of the slain targets stats.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonicFerret Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:06 am

So, let's be clear. Two blue horrors become one pink horror. The next blue horror gives you a total of:
A: One blue and one pink horror
B: One Flamer

If A, the given stats are too low. If B, what happens if you end up with another horror after you get to Chaos Spawn? (Side note: Chaos Spawn of Tzeentch are called Firewyrms)

Scaling: Scaling off the stats of the slain target is the best plan, it just doesn't work for the one you might get at the beginning of a fight. Best solution I can think of: For horrors that come from that particular skill, scale off WP/caster's stats. Most of your horrors are going to come from slaying people anyway, a single blue horror with omg high stats is not going to do a whole lot.

10% of target's stats seems alright. An additional "Horror Mastery" skill or something (there used to be one similar to this, I don't recall what exactly it did) could provide higher damage/higher wounds/better scaling (15%? 20%?) Also: Round up or round down? At 1 per 10 points, that matters quite a bit.

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:42 am

If you get an additional horror you it would simply increase the current spawns statistics.

Sorry this was in my head but I never wrote it down. Basically if a new horror is summoned, whichever one has the lower statistics adds 1/2 of its stats to the current horror. So the stats I provided above are the minimum value. I'd be okay with adding an additional skill or two to pump horror stats.

B) If you had a pink horror and summon a new one they would fuse into a flamer.

(Side note: Chaos Spawn of Tzeentch are called Chaos spawns. And as such are totally backwards ass random Very Happy . I didn't want to do the straight firewyrm cause I wanted each level to be fairly different (instead of simply a regenerating flamer. If you have another idea for a chaos spawn ability I'm all ears.)

So under normal circumstances they would have higher statistics than what I provided, especially if combined with other skills (such as path of the commander). I was thinking the basic passive to start an encounter would be static (The main point would be to progress the horror further along the chain).

Of course we'll include the back the absorb a horror and I was thinking of another ability where you could sacrifice W to create a new horror (the more you sacrifice the stronger the horror).
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonicFerret Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:48 pm

Well, just to clarify: As of LAST edition, Tzeentch chaos spawn were called Firewyrms. NOW, they're something different, but whatever.

Anyway, all that shit sounds good. I approve.

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:35 pm

Changes to Sword of Rhun.

I had discussed these changes a while ago with a couple of , but seeing as I'll most likely be casting it very soon. I thought i would post the changes.

Sword of Rhun- 3 Ranks - Spell Level 2
Requirements: None
Type: Personal Spell - Sustained
Spell Level: 2
Effect: One of your melee weapons is sheathed in the flames of rhun. Melee attacks with this weapon deal an additional 2-3/5/7 fire damage + 1 per 40/35/30 points on your spellpower roll. You also gain an additional 1 S for every 10/8/6 points of your spellpower roll when making attacks with this weapon.

*Major changes* - No longer ignores armor, scaling/reduced fire damage, now modifies the weapon held instead of replacing it, S scaling approx same but small scale so SP bonuses mean more.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  deadlychair Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:39 am

Seems like a good change to me. I noticed when you got that IF against the Cold One it didn't really add that much of a bonus.
deadlychair
deadlychair
Soldier

http://acurioustalecory.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2