Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  FlyingPinkPony on Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:55 am

*** This will start with Teheboq alone and then I shall incorporate other players. I will describe the setting, and scene and you can fill in how your character would react/interact with the environment. I will do my best to limit my roleplaying of your characters.***

It doesn't take long to reach the cave. The jungle outside the settlement is only cleared about two hundred feet. The cave is a small stone cavern descending into the ground. The air inside is extremely damp and humid. Puddles cover the slow descent and water drips from every stone. Small etching appear every couple of feet but weathering and erosion has made them unreadable. About 30 feet down as the last traces of sunlight can no longer be seen the path reaches a dead end behind a small body of water. Nothing much can be seen inside the water but the darkness shows that the path does continue. There is no indication as to how deep the water is or where is goes much beyond several feet. On the left side of the narrow cave wall ancient lettering can be seen which reads "Jek'l" in the tongue of the lizardmen, which means Set or Union.


Last edited by FlyingPinkPony on Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Posts : 772
Join date : 2009-05-15

View user profile http://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  deadlychair on Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:23 am

Teheboq runs his claws slowly over the ancient inscription, pausing to sniff it for a moment, but he smells nothing save the cold stone. Set? Union? Neither possible meaning seems to make any sense to him, but he trusts that it will all be revealed in time. After his encounter with the crocodile Teheboq is wary of the water, but he knows that he must press on if he is to earn the reward. Teheboq takes one last breath of air as he submerges himself under the water continues swiftly through the cave.
avatar
deadlychair
Soldier

Posts : 219
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 31
Location : Portland, OR

View user profile http://acurioustalecory.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  FlyingPinkPony on Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:36 am

Almost immediately upon diving into the water a swift current swept Teheboq forward. Slamming hard against the rocky walls he was tossed about as the powerful water forced him forward. The wind was knocked from his lungs. Just as he thought he would run out of air completely he hit soft ground. The ground was soft clay and his claws sunk deep into it at he gasped for air. Opening his eyes he was surrounded by a pale light as dull blue crystals on the walls and ceiling bathed the room in a soft light. It was clear the crystals were naturally occuring. Nothing about this cave seemed as though it was ever inhabited or used at any time. The walls were much wider now and more spaced out. As he pulled himself up from the mud his hand slipped and made a crunch in the ground. A bone. Looking around the floor was littered with bones sticking up from the clay. Of what or who there was no way to tell. There was only a single path ahead that made a sharp left. The dull blue light continued down the path.
avatar
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Posts : 772
Join date : 2009-05-15

View user profile http://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  deadlychair on Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:28 am

Teheboq moved silently to the wall. After spending several minutes quietly listening he grasped one of the crystals on the wall and began to pry it loose. After a few minutes of careful work Teheboq held his new torch in his shield-arm hand. Slowly Teheboq began to continue further into the cave, making sure to keep his sword ready.
avatar
deadlychair
Soldier

Posts : 219
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 31
Location : Portland, OR

View user profile http://acurioustalecory.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  FlyingPinkPony on Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:38 am

Teheboq crept along the length of the passageway. A loud thump broke the unsettling silence. Turning the corner Teheboq looked into a circular room with a very high ceiling. As he watched a body fell from a hole in the top of the room and landed with a familiar thud onto the ground below. Several bodies lay strewn across the room. A hunched figure looked up at Teheboq's approach. Teheboq immediately recognized it as a human and saw the familiar coloration of a tattered sailor's shirt. Immediately the glint in his eye's told Teheboq this man was no longer sane. The man snarled, drew a dagger, and charged.

Beginning Combat!

Initiative
Teheboq: 15Ag + 100 roll. = 115
Sailor: 20 Ag + 94 = 114 <-- Nice!

Teheboq begins combat!

Current Map/Setup

_____ Sailor Teheboq _____

Sailor: Perfect Condition
Teheboq: Perfect Condition
avatar
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Posts : 772
Join date : 2009-05-15

View user profile http://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  deadlychair on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:11 am

Teheboq felt the his natural instincts take over as the mad sailor rushed forward, time slowing down as he drew his sword, the saw-like edges dripping with the weakness-inducing poison he applied regularly to it, having miraculously not been washed off in the water. Teheboq charged the sailor, his powerful legs causing his claws to leave deep grooves in the cave floor. At the last moment Teheboq dove low, swinging his weapon forward in an attempt to cut the man's legs out from underneath him.

(Teheboq performs a Charge - moving into melee range of the sailor and attacking)
avatar
deadlychair
Soldier

Posts : 219
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 31
Location : Portland, OR

View user profile http://acurioustalecory.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  FlyingPinkPony on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:32 am

______ Sailor
Teheboq
______ ______

Attack Roll
Teheboq -

ToHit-
SWs - TWs + 50 < Roll
12 - 15 47 < 77 Success! Poison Applies

ToWound-
ST - TS + 50 < Roll
16(17) - 12 54 < 81 Success!

Damage
Wpn + S-T/5 - Armor
3-6 + 12-11 - 0
6! + 0 - 0 = 6 damage dealt!.

Teheboq doved forward the teeth from his blade digging deep into the flesh of the sailor. With a howl of pain he fell to the ground blood gushing from his thigh. Small black drops of poison could be seen along with the blood.

Status
Teheboq: Perfect Condition
Sailor: Injured
avatar
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Posts : 772
Join date : 2009-05-15

View user profile http://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  FlyingPinkPony on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:40 am

The sailor spun around, blood raging in his eyes. Diving forward he thrust his knife at Teheboq's exposed back.

______ Sailor
Teheboq
______ ______

Attack Roll
Teheboq -

ToHit-
TWs - SWs + 50 < Roll
15 - 11(12) = 53 < 90 Success!

ToWound-
TT - SS + 50 < Roll
25 - 14(15) = 61 < 31 Failed to Wound!

*You determine the failure of the attack fluffwise =D* Good luck.

Status:
Teheboq: Perfect
Sailor: Injured


Last edited by FlyingPinkPony on Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Posts : 772
Join date : 2009-05-15

View user profile http://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  deadlychair on Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:00 pm

Teheboq laughed inwardly as the crazed human took the bait and thrust his knife at Teheboq's armored back, but was slightly disappointed when the blade was merely turned aside rather than caught or damaged. Venting his frustration, Tehboq spun on his heel as he rose up, bringing his poisoned blade in a powerful arc towards the sailors ribcage.

(Teheboq performs an Attack)
avatar
deadlychair
Soldier

Posts : 219
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 31
Location : Portland, OR

View user profile http://acurioustalecory.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  FlyingPinkPony on Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:57 pm

______ Sailor
Teheboq
______ ______

ToHit-
SWs - TWs + 50 < Roll
11(12) - 15 = 46 < 66 Hit Poison duration reset.

ToWound
ST - TS + 50 < Roll
15(17) - 12 = 53 < 97 Success!

Damage
Wpn - Arm + Str-T /5
3-6 - 0 + 15-12/5
4 - 0 + 0 = 4 damage. The sailor is killed!

Teheboq's blade landed its arc clean inside the man's chest. His body immediately stopped moving and stood limp flopping to the ground as the blade was ripped from his body.

Status:
Teheboq: Victorious
Sailor: Dead

*You may victory dance*
avatar
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Posts : 772
Join date : 2009-05-15

View user profile http://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  deadlychair on Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:31 pm

Teheboq's bloodlust overcomes him completely and he roars in triumph, the sound echoing off of the cave's walls and shaking lose dirt from it's ceiling. Recollecting himself Teheboq picks up the knife the mad sailor attacked him with. After a minute or two of careful inspection Teheboq declares it a piece of trash, tosses it onto the fresh corpse, and begins to survey his surroundings.
avatar
deadlychair
Soldier

Posts : 219
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 31
Location : Portland, OR

View user profile http://acurioustalecory.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  FlyingPinkPony on Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:34 pm

Bones litter the cave floor and several bodies lie on the ground. Besides the freshly made corpse there were fours others in various states of well being. Two freshly killed human bodies lay unceremoniously in a pile. The most decayed appeared to be a dwarf due to the large beard but the body was in such terrible shape it was hard to tell. The last body was an elf, his stomach had been gutted and was releasing a horrible stench. His chest cavity was filled with dark gray mushrooms. It was pretty clear that someone was farming them. Looking away from the corpses some roots and vines could be seen creeping along the wall. It shouldn't be too difficult to claw into the wall a bit and use the root to climb out of this pit...
avatar
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Posts : 772
Join date : 2009-05-15

View user profile http://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  deadlychair on Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:29 am

Teheboq wondered if the mushrooms had caused the man's insanity or if they provided mere sustenance. Curious at their potential as a poison Teheboq gathered a few of the grisly mushrooms. Deciding that it would be better to test them on other subjects outside, Teheboq stripped the tattered shirt off of the sailor, placed the mushrooms on top and then tied the shirt into a rudimentary bag.After securing the bag, his weapon and his shield, Teheboq began to carefully dig at the roots in order to use them to escape. Claws covered in dirt from the effort, Teheboq pulled the root a couple of times to ensure it could hold his weight. Relatively satisfied Teheboq began to climb up, his claws digging deep into the wall as he propelled himself up.
avatar
deadlychair
Soldier

Posts : 219
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 31
Location : Portland, OR

View user profile http://acurioustalecory.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  FlyingPinkPony on Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:53 am

*** This is where I'll hold it until we get another player or two *** Nice job so far.
avatar
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Posts : 772
Join date : 2009-05-15

View user profile http://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  FlyingPinkPony on Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:07 am

@ Teheboq

With a grunt Teheboq pulled himself over the edge of the pit. The air was similarly damp as it was before. The main difference now was the lighting. Small torches line the walls and lead off in both directions. Muffled voices can be heard coming from one of the paths.


@ Kedakai

It doesn't take much time to reach the location mentioned in the flier. It is only a short distance from the camp walls and during daylight hours the excursion is as close to safe as one can expect from this island. The cave is fairly difficult to find even to your keen elven eyes. The entrance is well concealed. Moss and plants cover the walls and vines are woven in front of the entrance. It is clear that someone or something was trying to keep this place concealed.
avatar
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Posts : 772
Join date : 2009-05-15

View user profile http://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  deadlychair on Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:15 am

Confident, Teheboq crept down the path where the voices were emanating from, careful to keep his claws from clacking against the cave floor.
avatar
deadlychair
Soldier

Posts : 219
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 31
Location : Portland, OR

View user profile http://acurioustalecory.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  FlyingPinkPony on Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:43 am

Following the path slowly Teheboq made his way down deeper into the cavern. The voices were becoming louder and more distinct. Teheboq sniffed the air, greenskins. Turning his head around the corner he saw a large room. Mangled corpses were strewn about and five short robed figures were walking around. One of them turned and saw him in the entranceway. Its long hooked nose and greenskin made it instantly recognizable. Goblins. From the looks of it these were particularly savage. Using crude bone weapons and hides as armor. The goblin screamed and pointed its long clawed finger at Teheboq. The goblins drew weapons and attacked. The one in the center held a staff, clearly the leader, while two each drew bows and spears.

Setup

Archer Spear Gobbo Staff Gobbo
Archer
______ Spear Gobbo _______
_______ _______ _______ _______ _______ Teheboq

Initiative - 2*Ag + Roll =
Teheboq - 30 + 5 = 35
Spear Gob- 44 + 30 = 74
Archer Gob- 36 + 56 = 92
Staff Gobbo- 24 + 28 = 52

Turn Order -
Archer Gobs
Spear Gobs
Staff Gob
Teheboq
avatar
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Posts : 772
Join date : 2009-05-15

View user profile http://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Fight 2 Turn 1

Post  FlyingPinkPony on Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:14 am

_____ Spear Gobbo1
Staff Gobbo
Archer1
Archer2 Spear Gobbo2 _______
_______ _______ _______ _______ _______ Teheboq

The goblin archers drew arrows and moved forward to get into range. (Move forward) The goblin archer further back ducked into a sprint as it ran forward. (Archer 1 dash)
- End Turn -

_____
______
Staff Gobbo
Archer1
Spear Gobbo1 Archer2 Spear Gobbo2
_______ _______ _______ _______ _______ Teheboq

The spear goblin in the back pulled its shield off its back and ran towards combat. (Dash)The other spear goblin roared and charged!

To Hit
Def Ws - Att Ws + 50 < Roll
15 - 10 + 50 = 55 < 76 Success
Block Chance 100 - chance < Roll
95 < 41 Block Failed

Wound
Def T - Att S + 50 < Roll
25 - 13 + 50 = 62 < 7 Fail

The goblin leaped forward thrusting his spear straight into the chest of Teheboq. The spear shoved between the bone plates of his armor and shattered on Teheboq's scaled hide.

-End Turn-


_____
______
Staff Gobbo
Archer1
Spear Gobbo1 Archer2 Spear Gobbo2
_______ _______ _______ _______ _______ Teheboq

The goblin wielding the staff began to chant and shout as green power began to build at the tip of his staff.

Casting Roll Diff 30 + 5* Spell Level + 5* Spells cast + Other + Roll
30+10 - 5 (Waaaghh)= 35 < 57 Success

The green energy that was building in his staff shot into the goblin archer beside him who fell to the ground screaming. The goblins muscles began to bulge and twist as the goblin seemed to be growing in size. Green light shot from its eyes as it grabbed its dropped bow from the ground.

-End Turn-

Teheboq is up next.
avatar
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Posts : 772
Join date : 2009-05-15

View user profile http://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  deadlychair on Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:24 pm

Teheboq had heard of goblins using magic before, but this was his first time seeing it. Watching the convulsing goblin's muscles grow in size Teheboq felt his confidence equally reduced. The foul green light emanating from the enlarged goblin's eyes unnerved him. Magic truly was a force beyond his understanding. Nevertheless, Teheboq had been charged with a sacred mission, and though he did not understand magic, he knew that if he was holding the goblin's severed head, then the shaman would be unable to cast his spells. Drawing himself to his full height, Teheboq roared his challenge and swung his poisoned blade at the goblin who had shattered his spear on him, hoping to decapitate the foul cretin in a single blow.

( Teheboq performs an Attack, attacking spear goblin 2 in melee with him)
avatar
deadlychair
Soldier

Posts : 219
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 31
Location : Portland, OR

View user profile http://acurioustalecory.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  FlyingPinkPony on Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:45 pm

Current Setup
_____
______
Staff Gobbo
Archer1
Spear Gobbo1 Archer2 Spear Gobbo2
_______ _______ _______ _______ _______ Teheboq

To Hit

Def Ws - Att Ws + 50 < Roll
10 - 15 + 50 = 45 < 99 Success

Block Chance 100 - chance < Roll
100 - 5 = 95 < 51 Block Failed

To Wound
Def T - Att S + 50 < Roll
8 - 15 + 50 = 43 < 62 Success

Damage -
Wpn + (S-T/5) - Armor = Damage
3-6 + 1 - 0
5 + 1 - 0 = 6

Teheboq brings his saw blade down on the goblins shoulder as it desperately tries to block with its shield. The thick bone of the sword shredded the flesh as the goblin's limb was torn off its body erupting covering Teheboq in a shower of blood. Roaring triumphantly a second sweep severed the creatures head as it fell to the ground dead.

Ending Setup
_____
______
Staff Gobbo
Archer1
Spear Gobbo1 Archer2 _______
_______ _______ _______ _______ _______ Teheboq

- Here we'll wait to see if Kedakai shows up -
avatar
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Posts : 772
Join date : 2009-05-15

View user profile http://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  Forte on Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:17 pm

Reaching to his back and wrapping his light fingers around the hilt of his draich, Kedakai lifted the large blade from it's place there and progressed slowly towards the hidden place in the rocks. It was interesting that someone had gone through the trouble of hiding this particular entrance into the cave, but it was a good sign. Kedakai had not come here for spelunking; he had come here to end lives and spill blood. From the reputation of the man he had butchered for the parchment that had directed him to this place, the Balor'ai assassin could infer that this whole thing was likely a set-up by some loot-hungry pirates. Smirking grimly, he could barely contain his excitement at the prospect of an confrontation against actual foes rather then riff-raff.

[Kedakai proceeds forward and pushes aside the brush to enter the cave; if he cannot push past he will slash down the greenery covering the cave entrance.]

((By the way, please take note of the alterations I requested before I posted this! Thanks!))
avatar
Forte
Soldier

Posts : 140
Join date : 2009-06-23
Age : 30
Location : Minnesota

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  FlyingPinkPony on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:33 am

@ Ferret

The jungle was especially humid today. Luckily the trip was short and relatively safe since the cave was within a short run from the settlement. The cave however was nowhere to be found. Peeling through the contents of your mind you know it should be around here somewhere but where? You are left standing on a hilltop surrounded by thick jungle trees. As you progress forward you find a suspicious looking large circular stone tablet, approximately 6 feet wide, on the ground in front of you. There appear to be a series of markings that line the edge and center of the stone.
avatar
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Posts : 772
Join date : 2009-05-15

View user profile http://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  FlyingPinkPony on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:46 am

@ Kedakai [alterations accepted- see my comments though I changed a few things]

The vines are easily pushed aside as Kedakai slipped inside and they fell immediately back into place. The shift in light and temperature were disorienting. It felt about 20 degrees cooler inside and light was almost non-existent, not that it mattered to Kedakai's keen eyes which were well accustomed to the darkness. Immediately upon entering the sounds of battle could be heard. The roars, yells and the clang of weapon on weapon echoed throughout the cavern. Picking up his pace Kedakai ran down the narrow corridor and stopped right as he entered a very large cavern. A melee seemed to be unfolding between a band of goblins and a large Saurus with a large bone sword and armor. The lizardman was ripping a goblin in half with his blade while the rest of the goblins seemed to be moving in for the kill. Particularly disturbing was the goblin who wielded a staff in dark robes and the oversized goblin next to him that was pulsing with green energy.

Kedakai may enter the battlefield - (Keep in mind you do not have to enter if you don't want to at this point).

Initiative-
2* Ag + 100 /2 (Slow from Grt Weapon)

44 + 27 (14) = 58

New Turn Order -
Archer Gobs
Spear Gobs
Kedakai
Staff Gob
Teheboq
avatar
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Posts : 772
Join date : 2009-05-15

View user profile http://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  FlyingPinkPony on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:00 am

Current Setup
Kedakai
(If you wish to fight)

______
Staff Gobbo
Archer1
Spear Gobbo1 Archer2 _______
_______ _______ _______ _______ _______ Teheboq

The archer in front of Teheboq let out a shriek as he watched the goblin in front of him get ripped apart. Letting an arrow fly from his short bow he hopped back quickly.

To Hit
D Ag - A Bs + 50 < Roll
15 - 21 +50 = 44 < 69 Hit!

Block Chance
100- 5 = 95 < Roll
95 < 12 Failed Block.

To Wound
D T - A S + 50 < Roll
25 - 8 + 50= 67 < 68 Wound!

Damage
Wpn + S-T/5 - Arm
3 -3 - 4 (2 from BCOO) = 0

The arrow bounced harmlessly off Teheboq's armor.


Last edited by FlyingPinkPony on Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Posts : 772
Join date : 2009-05-15

View user profile http://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  DemonicFerret on Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:48 am

The supposedly easy-to-locate cave was nowhere to be found, and instead Seros had run into a large, mysterious tablet? Sometimes the Great Schemer was slightly less than subtle, he had to admit. With a slight shrug, Seros moves forward to examine the markings on the stone, and hopefully read them.

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Posts : 212
Join date : 2009-06-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Diving into the Unknown (*Completed)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum