WAR: Tide of Ichor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alpha Adventure! - Diving into the Unknown (*Closed)

4 posters

Go down

Alpha Adventure! - Diving into the Unknown (*Closed) Empty Alpha Adventure! - Diving into the Unknown (*Closed)

Post  FlyingPinkPony Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:13 pm

This is my alpha adventure. I'll be running a few players through a small test session. Huzzah for the alpha! Basically this is to have a little fun and try some combat.

Adventure: Diving into the Unknown
Admin: FlyingPinkPony
Players: 1-3
Reserved Slots: None
Description: Recently a scout discovered a cave not far from the camp. Carvings on the wall indicated that it was most likely used by the ancient lizardmen for some purpose. The problem is that the cave descends abruptly into water. Nobody is willing to explore further in the cave as torches give little light under water and unexplored caves are normally a death trap, let alone anything under the water. Regardless signs have been posted from an anonymous source offering a reward for anyone willing to explore the cave.

First come first serve!

Last edited by FlyingPinkPony on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

https://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Alpha Adventure! - Diving into the Unknown (*Closed) Empty Re: Alpha Adventure! - Diving into the Unknown (*Closed)

Post  deadlychair Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:53 am

Teheboq sighed as he walked out of the tavern. It seemed that the stories he had heard of human greed were true. Not one person in the tavern had been willing to give him any information on Sarkitek without first receiving some of the coins they seem to value so much. It would have been easy to throttle the information out of them, but Teheboq knew instinctively that he would have to rely on the people in the town to help him in his quest, and that he should follow their laws for the time being. Suddenly Teheboq heard a human mention money some distance away. Teheboq ran swiftly over to the human, and before he could ask them what they were talking about he saw the sign that they were looking at. It was an anonymous posting offering a reward for investigating a nearby cave. He was unsure whether the reward would be money or not, but given human's love of it, and his own lack of other options, Teheboq decided that this was his best bet. Already carrying everything he owned, Teheboq set out immediately in the direction that the sign had said the cave was in.
deadlychair
deadlychair
Soldier

http://acurioustalecory.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Alpha Adventure! - Diving into the Unknown (*Closed) Empty Re: Alpha Adventure! - Diving into the Unknown (*Closed)

Post  FlyingPinkPony Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:10 am

1-2 more players are required to finish the alpha. First come first serve.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Forte Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:10 am

Perusing the bounty boards, a cloaked figure's eyes went from bounty to bounty with the clear examination skills of an expert mercenary. He knew which jobs to take and which to pass on, many of the bounties ended up being nothing more then pirate or privateer traps intended to snare the stupid and ignorant in these parts. While there were scores of skilled adventurers in the islands and seas around Irolek, there were many fools who wished to make a name for themselves out there whom were more then willing to stumble, very stupidly, into the swords of waiting ambushers. Finally his eyes came to a single posting that caught his attention.

Wanted: Adventurers for Exploration
Looking for several individuals to investigate a subterranean Lizardman place of worship for loot and plunder. Caves are dangerous, come prepared.

There was no name attached to the posting and at this the cloaked man smiled underneath a red piece of cloth covering his face. It was exactly what he was looking for. He made a career out of taking jobs that he knew were traps simply to put a knife into someone's back that was looking for a quick kill and easy loot. Reaching up and retrieving the posting from the bounty board, the man placed it into his cloak and began to move away from the board-- heading towards the direction that the posting had indicated... but he did not get far. On his first turn down an alleyway, the poor human found himself accosted by the killing stroke of one inured at birth to killing* and was dead before he could even reach for his pistol. Standing up from his kill, his massive draich painted crimson with gore*, Kedakai frowned in disappointment. He'd been told this man was skilled. Retrieving and examining the posting that he'd had on his person, the elf decided to take the place of his mark in exchange for his wasted time. Perhaps he'd find something of worth there or a skilled mark, at any rate.

((I'm in. =O))
((*=Place where I editted in mention of the two-handed Draich))

Last edited by Forte on Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Forte
Forte
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:34 am

I'll give people a few more hours to reply, otherwise it'll be up to you two.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:11 am

Alright. The other slackers have had plenty of time to get their crap together and have all failed me. Good luck you two.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonicFerret Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:22 pm

It would not be totally accurate to say that the Changer of the Ways told Seros what to do, but he did receive certain inklings; hints, one might say. Knowing how to read the signs was critical, and Seros had learned well what could be explained by coincidence and what was a sign from the Father of Lies. So, when Seros noticed a particular cloaked figure (one who was wearing a bluish gold ring, and whom, he somehow knew, would be stabbed precisely nine times before his imminent death) retrieve a certain posting from the bounty board which he had been observing for several days (and had long ago memorized the text and relative location of every scrap of paper on), Seros knew it was a message from the Architect of Fate. Rising with surprising grace from his corner booth, he left a generous tip for the serving wench and exited the bar, nodding politely at Mud Ox on his way. The next step on the way to his destiny lay in those pathetic reptile caves, and Seros was eager to leave the confines of Tameria for a place where he could freely murder those who annoyed him.

Incredibly OOC:
Aw baby, don't cry, I know I been gone too long, how you doin? Naw, don't cry, I'll make it up to you. I'll read you poetry, I'll tell you what I know to be true, I'll make a sentimental observation bout the moon...

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:46 am

I'll kiss you so that you can think that kisses are sublime. But I won't spend a penny cause all that you're worth is my time.

-You're in-

Recruitment Closed
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down