WAR: Tide of Ichor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juggernaut

4 posters

Go down

Juggernaut Empty Juggernaut

Post  FlyingPinkPony Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:21 am

As discussed Juggernaut is also in need of a serious revamp. I made a few minor tweaks here and there. Removing a couple of things and fixing wording on Veteran Warrior. Without further adieu...

Path of the Juggernaut

Power Strike - 3 Ranks
Requirements: None
Type: Powerful Melee Attack
Effect: Use S in place of Ws for the toHit roll. Gain +0/10/20S. In addition this attack ignores armor.

Killing Blow - 2 Ranks
Effect: If the opponent is below 33/50% maximum health this attack automatically is a critical hit.

Whirling Slash- 3 Ranks
Effect: If you miss your target or your opponent dodges the attack you may make another attack against that foe at +5/10/15S. If this attack misses or is dodged you may make another attack at +10/20/30S.

Bull Rush - 3 Ranks
Effect: You can attack any foe in your zone. If you hit you may move 1 zone and attack again. If that attack hits you may make one final move make another attack. Use your S for the attack roll instead of your Ws. This attack automatically wounds and deals 1 damage instead of your regular weapon damage. Apply bonus damage as normal. When making this attack add +0/15/30 Strength.

Veteran Warrior - 1 Rank
Requirements: 1 Rank in any 3 Powerful melee attacks.
Effect: You may treat this attack as any other Powerful Attack in the Juggernaut tree you have already expended this encounter.

Cleave - 2 Ranks
Type: Melee Attack
Effect: This attack suffers -10/5 S. If it drops your foe you can immediately strike another foe in the same zone.

Two-Handed Weapon Specialization - 2 Ranks
Type: Passive
Effect: +5/10 on any wounding rolls with any two handed weapons.

New Ability Idea Compilation-
Long ranged melee strike - Suggested by Chair

Hurl - 3 Ranks - Powerful melee ability. You gain +0/10/20 S on for this ability. You can move an enemy or ally up to 1 zone in direction or two zones if your S is higher than the targets T. If used on an enemy this attack deals 1/3/5 damage use (S v T for bonus damage). If used on an ally that ally is treated as charging an enemy unit of your choice in the zone they land in. They may use your strength instead of theirs for this attack.

Last edited by FlyingPinkPony on Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

https://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Juggernaut Empty Re: Juggernaut

Post  FlyingPinkPony Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:04 am

Changes

Cleave - 2 Ranks
Effect: If you kill a foe with a melee attack you immediately make a basic attack against another foe in the same range. This attack suffers -10/5 to hit and wound.

Massive Weapon - 3 Ranks
Type: Powerful Short Ranged Attack - Requires Melee Weapon
Effect: You strike a foe at short range with a melee weapon gaining +0/10/20 to the hit roll and +1/3/5 damage. If the weapon you are wielding if not a two-handed weapon opponents gain +20 to hit you next turn due to your overextention.

Ground and Pound
Type: Powerful Melee Attack.
Effect: Hit as normal, make a wound roll using S vs S, if you wound the target they is pinned. At the beginning of each of their turns they are allowed to make an opposed S check (Each player makes double S +d100). If they fail they are not allowed to move or perform actions other than basic attacks against the juggernaut. If the juggernaut makes another actions besides attacks against the target or moves in any fashion this effect ends immediately. You gain +0/5/10 S while this move is active. Each round the pin is maintained the target gains a calculative +15/10/5 on their roll.

(Should we allow powerful attacks on either side during ground and pound?)
(Thanks Chair for the inspiration. I like the idea I'm not sure if I want to add a new condition or not yet. God this is complicated? Any suggestions? Thoughts? Would simply adding a downed status sound good to folks?)

Crushing Blows - 2 Ranks
Effect: Whenever you deal more than 10 damage to an enemy with a melee attack you deal an additional 1/2 damage.

*Changed from powerful attack to passive and weakened*
Whirling Slashes - 2 Ranks
Effect: Whenever you miss an opponent, or they dodge an attack, you gain +5/10S on your next turn.

Also for now I'm leaving all the requirements None - but be thinking about how we can tree this tree a little more in terms of reqs. I think I'll be doing that for all the trees in the future. They will still be shallow trees just a little more in the way of requirements so folks that build up a tree feel more accomplishment than completely spreading out.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonicFerret Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:58 am

I would make Cleave -10/0. The second rank is not terribly appealing, for only a 5% boost to a very situational ability. Ground and Pound is... complicated. It's a good concept, but I feel like it's more paperwork than it's worth at this point. I feel like the 10 damage threshold on Crushing Blows is high, but that might just be because it's been too long since we've played. Whirling Slashes is a particularly good ability.

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:24 am

Cleave - Changed to -10/0 and changed it from hit/wound to S.

Cleave - 2 Ranks
Effect: If you kill a foe with a melee attack you immediately make a basic attack against another foe in the same range. This attack suffers -10/0 S.

Ground and Pound - Removed for now due to inherent complicated nature of the attack.

-- Here are 2 more passives up for review--
Blitz - 2 Ranks
Effect: When you charge a foe you gain a 5/10% increased chance to critically hit.

Smash- 1 Rank
Requirements: Blitz 2
Effect: If you deal a critical hit on a charge action you can knock the opponent 1 zone away.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  deadlychair Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:31 am

All good additions in my eyes. Cleave becoming a passive is a really good choice I think (even if it is a bit like D%D). As for ground and pound, I don't think there is anything wrong with the ability the language just needs to be cleared up. Revised ground and pound:

Ground and Pound
Effect: Hit as normal, make a wound roll using S vs S, if you wound the target they is pinned. The target may make a strength roll (Sx2 +1d100) with a +15/10/5 bonus for each turn they have been pinned. If they fail they are not allowed to move or perform actions other than basic attacks against the juggernaut. If the juggernaut makes another actions besides attacks against the target this effect ends immediately. {You gain +0/5/10 S while this move is active}

Sections in {brackets} I feel may be fine with being removed entirely.
deadlychair
deadlychair
Soldier

http://acurioustalecory.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonicFerret Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:52 pm

Blitz is good. Smash is probably too limited for most people to take, especially since its effect is of dubious benefit - the Juggernaut likes hitting people in melee, you're only doing them a favor by knocking them back.

Cleave should be -10/0 instead of -10/-5, to make the second rank a little more palatable.

I feel like there's still some overlap between this and Fury, but I think it's close enough. Finish it up and add it.

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:18 am

Smash - The idea was to get foes out of allied zones and have the option of charging again. I'll fix this idea up a bit now.

Blitz - 2 Ranks
Effect: When you charge a foe you gain a 10/20% chance to critically hit. If you successfully crit, that foe is knocked one 1 zone away.

Smash- 1 Rank
Requirements: Blitz 2
Effect: If you successfully blitz an opponent you immediately make another charge against that foe. This new charge cannot activate Blitz.

Much more flavorfull and shows the intention much clearer this time.

Cleave was changed - See second post of changes. I'll make some edits to the post. I appreciate you and chairs feedback. I'll make one more attempt at Ground and Pound

Ground and Pound
Effect: Hit as normal, make a wound roll using S vs S, if you wound the target they are cannot move or disengage from you. This effect lasts until you take an action other than a basic melee attack that hits the target. You gain +0/10/20S until the effect ends.

I'll make some adjustments and throw the changes up. I still feel the tree is too light though. Currently it has 26 points. It needs more passives.

The other thing lacking at the moment is an epic ability. Thoughts.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonicFerret Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:04 am

I like this version of Blitz and Smash much better. Should clarify Blitz: Do you actually have to get the crit to knock them back, or are they two separate parts of the ability?

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:59 am

You crit and knock them back. It all triggers or nothing triggers. I could remove that but it felt more in flavor to do it that way.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonicFerret Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:10 am

Edited to make that clear

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Forte Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:29 am

I love the synergy between Blitz and Smash, very cool.

So Ground and Pound and it's S bonus. Does the +20S only apply for the S vs S test or is it a buff against the foe you used Ground and Pound on for as long as they're alive?
Forte
Forte
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Juggernaut Empty Revised/Final Juggernaut

Post  FlyingPinkPony Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:27 am

Path of the Juggernaut - 36 points

Power Strike - 3 Ranks
    Effect: Use S in place of WS for the To-Hit roll. Gain +0/10/20S. In addition this attack ignores armor.

Killing Blow - 2 Ranks
    Effect: If the opponent is below 33/50% maximum health this attack automatically is a critical hit.

Hurl - 3 Ranks
    Requirements: ?
    Type: Powerful Melee Ability
    Effect: You can move an enemy or ally one zone in either direction or up to two zones if your Strength is higher than the targets Toughness. If used on an enemy, this attack deals 2/4/6 damage per zone moved. If used on an ally, that ally is treated as charging an enemy of your choice in the zone they land in. They may use your Strength instead of theirs for this attack.

Bull Rush - 3 Ranks
    Effect: You can attack any foe in your zone. If you hit you may move 1 zone and attack again. If that attack hits you may move one more zone and make a final attack. Use your S for all attack rolls instead of your WS. These attacks automatically wound and deal 1 damage instead of your regular weapon damage. Apply bonus (Strength) damage as normal. When making this attack add +0/15/30 Strength.

Veteran Warrior - 1 Rank
    Requirements: 3 Powerful Melee Attacks from the Juggernaut tree.
    Effect: You may treat this attack as any other Powerful Attack in the Juggernaut tree you have already expended this encounter.

Cleave - 2 Ranks
    Effect: Whenever you slay a foe with a melee attack you immediately make a free basic attack against another foe in your zone. This attack suffers -20/0S.

Great Cleave - 1 Rank
    Requirements: Cleave
    Effect: Whenever you slay a foe using a Cleave attack, you may make another Cleave attack against another eligible target.

Two-Handed Weapon Specialization - 2 Ranks
    Effect: +5/10 on any wounding rolls with any two handed weapons.

Whirling Slashes - 2 Ranks
    Effect: Whenever you miss an opponent, or they dodge an attack, you gain +5/10S on your next turn.

Crushing Blows - 2 Ranks
    Effect: Whenever you deal more than 10 damage to an enemy with a melee attack you deal an additional 1/2 damage.

Berserk Charge - 2 Ranks
    Type: Passive.
    Effect: You deal an additional 2/4 damage on a charge.

Relentless - 2 Ranks
    Requirements: Berserk Charge
    Effect: Whenever you force an enemy to move a zone, they take 2/4 damage.

Push - 1 Rank
    Type: Powerful Free Ability
    Effect: If you hit an enemy with a Powerful attack from the Juggernaut tree this turn, you may move them one zone and then move into that zone.

Massive Weapon - 3 Ranks
    Effect: You may use this attack against a target within short range, gaining +0/10/20 to the hit roll and +1/3/5 damage. If the weapon you are wielding is not a two-handed weapon, opponents gain +20 to hit you next turn due to your over-extension.

Smash - 2 Ranks
    Effect: When you charge a foe you gain a 10/20% chance to critically hit that foe and knock the opponent 1 zone back.

Blitzkrieg - 1 Rank
    Requirements: Smash
    Effect: If you successfully Smash an opponent you immediately make another charge against that foe. You do not gain the benefits of Smash for this charge.

Ground and Pound - 3 Ranks
    Effect: This attack rolls to Wound using Strength vs Strength. If you wound the target, they cannot move or disengage from you. This effect lasts until you take an action other than a basic melee attack, or until you miss the target. You gain +0/10/20S until the effect ends.

Wrecking Ball - 1 Rank
    Requirements: Veteran Warrior
    Type: Epic Melee Attack
    Effect: Move up to two zones and make an attack against every enemy in the zones you pass through, including your starting and ending zones. Every enemy you hit is moved to your ending zone.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:40 pm

The post above is the revampish/finished Tree that myself and ferret worked through tonight. Any final comments or thoughts before it gets tossed up onto the official list. One thing you might want to gander at is the Epic Ability at the bottom. In addition we added a much stronger focus on charge attacks and relocating enemies to the Juggernaut tree as a small focus.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  deadlychair Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:46 pm

I like the epic ability a lot. Everything feels right in the tree, and when I took a look I couldn't really think of anything else to bring it to 40+.
deadlychair
deadlychair
Soldier

http://acurioustalecory.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Ideally it'll be 40+ at some point but 36 is totally acceptable for the time being and gives characters plenty to work with. If you think of any ideas, particularly passives feel free to post them.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down