WAR: Tide of Ichor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lore of Khemri

4 posters

Go down

Lore of Khemri Empty Lore of Khemri

Post  Budou Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:52 am

Just wanted to throw out again that Pony did an excellent job coming up with a new Lore on the fly for my special request. Moving on as we develop the Lore I think we have to cover the following topics.

- Drawbacks for not having miscast/force: Do we need to balance this effect? The idea of not miscasting is supposed to be balanced by never being able to get force on a power. Is this exchange fair? I personally think so at this point, since force is fairly powerful. The flip side of the argument is to make powers in this tree slightly weaker; which I think would be difficult to do.

- Passives: I have read through the other Lores and like what I see. I think in particular Chaos has a great melee ability with passives. I would like to see something for Khemri along the lines of still receiving other benefits regardless of the power roll. These would be small advantages, but play in line with the "Old Reliable Magic" theme that Incantations fit.

- Naming: I already spoke with Pony on this issue, he had to pull some quick names so I could pick my spells for character creation.

- Incantation of Fervor: I like this spell so far (I'm 3 ranks invested) but I would like to see it allow for an attack without charging. The charging is great, but I think the target should be able to attack if they are too close to charge (Maybe remove the damage bonus or cut every bonus in half?)

Thats all I have now.
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Lore of Khemri Empty Re: Lore of Khemri

Post  Forte Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:16 am

At first I had the same thought about balancing the "No Miscasts" thing, but I feel like the no IF rolls is a decent balance to it given that IF can absolutely make a spell way more effective then it's supposed to be (See: Cleansing Light from the prophet). I don't think it'll be an issue, in my opinion.
Forte
Forte
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:38 am

In terms of balancing IF and Miscasts I think for now its alright. @Forte - The prophet is a bad example in this case as Cleansing Light didn't actually have an IF effect since it didn't require a spellpower roll. Improvising I was debating what rank he would have the spell and since it was cast with irresistible force I decided to make it rank 3. Most likely IF on that spell would involve in substantial increase in the S of the attack (Prob 10 or so) and perhaps a small increase to healing. The power of that spell had more to do with it being a level 6 spell then it being cast with IF.

Passives - One thing I am considering in regards to passives is having a passive associated with each spell granting a small bonus even if the casting roll is failed. This would go along the lines of incantations never truly failing. I'll throw up a few I was toying with in a minute. * Look at Ritual of Renewal and Fervor for examples * Renewal is a tad wordy but it should make sense.

Incantation of Fervor - Changed to allow the subject to make a free basic attack. This was intended all along, sorry forgot to put it in.

Naming- If you have better names I'm open to improvements. I did them fast so something could be thrown up on the page.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

https://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Budou Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:41 pm

I just read the passives you added and I have to say I'm a big fan of the flavor. I think the stat bonuses, requirements, and effects are all well in line for what I was thinking of for incantations. The benefits are small but always there, and if the spell is successful (and you have spent the skill points) then you can get a little extra use out of them.
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Budou Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:13 am

Lets go with, "Gaze of Ra" to replace the Sun Beam attack. Forte and Demon think this is a good deal.
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Changed the name and added another 2 rituals to Winds of Khemri and Ancient Guardian. It came from below... (Winds of Khemri also got changed a tad). Take a gander if you have time. If anyone has ideas for non-incantation related spells, or ritual ideas for the last two spells feel free to throw em up. Sorry for not being able to fully pump out the trees like the sweet sweet candy I wish them to be. I'm swamped in work both in and out of the forum. Also Path of Fury needs a little more help as well. It's sitting pretty at 29 points but it really needs another 4-5 good skills.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DemonicFerret Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:58 am

Incantation of Renewal: Is the 5% decrease before or after the x3 for summons? At rank 3 that would be the difference between 60/55/50% of W and 60/45/30%, etc.

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:50 am

Before so you are correct is would be 60/45/30
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down