WAR: Tide of Ichor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stat Balance (BS)

2 posters

Go down

Stat Balance (BS) Empty Stat Balance (BS)

Post  FlyingPinkPony Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:03 am

Currently I feel all stats have a use for any character.

Ws prevents you from being hit in melee, regardless if you're a ranged character.
S Gives you damage and wounding rolls and is necessary even for all non-xbow/gun ranged classes
T keeps you from being hurt.
Ag avoids ranged attacks
Wp helps resist ranged attacks.
W keeps players alive.

Bs however doesn't do much for many users and is already being seen as a heavy dump stat. I realize this is difficult to fix under the current system but can anyone see a potential use for this skill for non-weapon characters?

One idea i am toying with is a spot based pseudo-skill check that would involve Bs as the key stat. Any thoughts?
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

https://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Stat Balance (BS) Empty Re: Stat Balance (BS)

Post  DemonicFerret Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:11 am

Makes sense fluff-wise, since the characters with high BS are usually the ones that would sharp-eyed spotters. What sort of effect would this check have?

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:52 am

Honestly I haven't figured it out yet, but your I make a spot check to see what god they worship. Maybe later it might have implications such as finding a secret button or perhaps finding a weakness or something. It would be very variable depending on mission and Moderator.

The other thing I am considering is adding your Bs to your roll for loot rolling. This would represent the people with better searching and spotting finding the important items quicker and give some small actual mechanical benefit to having Bs.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

https://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down