WAR: Tide of Ichor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lore of Dark Magic

2 posters

Go down

Lore of Dark Magic Empty Lore of Dark Magic

Post  DemonicFerret Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:05 pm

What can I say, the idea came to me in a dream. Highly theoretical, obviously - needs a level 5 and 6 spell, and probably more passives. Take a look, see what you think.

Power of Darkness - 2 Ranks
Requirements: None
Type: Powerful Free Ability
Effect: You deal 2/4 damage to yourself and generate 1/3 Soul Charges. Each Soul Charge you possess increases your chance of a miscast on a failed cast by 5%. Whenever you miscast, all Soul Charges are expended and you take 1-3 damage for each.

Constant Darkness - 2 Ranks
Requirements: Power of Darkness Rank 2
Type: Passive
Effect: You may use Power of Darkness an additional 1/2 times per encounter, taking an additional 1 damage for each previous use (+1 damage on the second use, +2 damage on the third use).

Sacrifice to Khaine - 2 Ranks
Effect: Every time you slay an opponent/Every time an opponent is slain within 1 zone of you, you generate a Soul Charge.

Power of Souls - 2 Ranks
Effect: You gain +2/4 on casting rolls for each Soul Charge you currently possess.

Doombolt - 3 Ranks - Spell Level 1
Type: Medium Ranged Projectile
Spell Power: Wp
Effect: 1-8/2-11/3-14 damage. You may expend any number of Soul Charges; Add 1-3 damage for each Soul Charge expended.

Word of Pain - 2 Ranks - Spell Level 2
Type: Short Ranged Spell
Effect: The target suffers -15/30 on rolls to hit and casting checks (for the encounter? for a certain number of turns?). If the Spell Power roll is unsuccessful, the target suffers -5/10 instead. Every time the target misses or fails a casting check while affected, you generate a Soul Charge.

Bladewind - 3 Ranks - Spell Level 3
Requirements: One spell max rank
Effect: All enemies within range suffer 2/4/6 damage, ignoring armor. You may expend up to 3 Soul Charges. Each Soul Charge expended increases the range affected by one zone.

Soul Stealer - 3 Ranks - Spell Level 4
Requirements: One spell max rank
Effect: You may expend any number of Soul Charges. If the target's current Wounds are equal to or less than 3-12/4-16/5-20 + 1-4 for each Soul Charge expended, the target dies. If the target dies, you recover any Soul Charges expended and generate an additional Soul Charge.

Pit of Shades - 3 Ranks - Spell Level 6
Requirements: Two spells max rank
Type: Medium Ranged Spell
Effect: Work in progress

DemonicFerret
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Lore of Dark Magic Empty Re: Lore of Dark Magic

Post  deadlychair Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:52 pm

Word of Pain is absurd. Really a spell that still works even on a failure with no downsides? Bladewind terrifies me terrifies me, because it can do a fuck-ton if you have a lot of soul charges, which wouldn't be hard to get with Word of Pain. And Soul Stealer is ridiculous with how tough a creature it could take down with surprisingly little backslash if it fails.

I have nothing against the soul charge idea, but some of these spells seem too powerful for how little downsides they have.
deadlychair
deadlychair
Soldier

http://acurioustalecory.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down