WAR: Tide of Ichor
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Budou - The Tomb King Zaket VII

3 posters

Go down

Budou - The Tomb King Zaket VII Empty Budou - The Tomb King Zaket VII

Post  Budou Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:02 pm

Budou - The Tomb King Zaket VII Zaket_10

Player Name: Budou
Character Name: King Zaket VII
Race: Tomb King

Appearance: Finding only few of the powerful relics that were once his, The Tomb King Zaket VII has found only meager means of dress. Where once his armor was heavy scale consisting of many layers of gold and silver now one finds a makeshift set of hammered brass plates; a matching shield attached to his back when not in use. A full bodied robe twp sizes too large conceals his true size and measure when he has to browse the local markets. He stands taller than most when he wishes, his limbs almost supernaturally lengthened after his original preservation. His mass remains in tact for the most part after centuries of decay; in particular his broad shoulders make it difficult to wear armor. However he is not totally lost in his grandeur amongst the lesser races. Covering his face, as if imprinted directly upon his skull, a perfect golden mask whose quality in craftsmanship is lost even upon the oldest dwarfs; one of the few relics that stayed with him during his journey to the island and the source of power for his incantations. It glares with a burning white light when dark and from its mouth whispers can be heard as if spoken from a distant room. Beyond the mask's perfect composure nothing can be seen of Zaket VII as it is not for mortals to look upon him.

Equipment: Due to his unnatural limb length, Zaket VII employs two very strange relics for combat. His long boney fingers are covered in a strange dark metal whose origin in unknown. They form long triangular blades that extend the length of his fingers; secured to a firm plate literally bolted to his hand. While deadly sharp, these weapons are rarely used for combat, but instead serve as implements to his own mastery of incantations. When the Tomb King Zaket VII extends his hand in greeting, one does not always understand his intention.

1 X Balanced Two Hander (Staff)
1 X Flint Lock Pistol

Story: In a time few living beings remember across the great seas that divvied the world the Tomb Kings ruled all. Their power could not be questioned, their leadership the ultimate rule of the land, their Princes the master of things political and studious; few things were unknown to them. It is in this setting the Tomb King Zaket VII hails from. In that time and place he ruled a minor kingdom, loyal only to his fellow Kings and their servants. In the great wars that would come from that time he commanded a great army of thousands whose valor and willingness to die for their lord was unquestioned amongst even the greatest of High Priests. It was for this reason that Zaket VII was stricken down before him prime. Where he was stolen away from his loyal guards and taken a secret location, kingdoms away. There the High Priests performed their preservation rituals on the King, granting him immortality in unearth at the cost of his kingdom. Fearing their servants would turn to join Zaket VII, the other Kings had him removed from his seat of power while still granting him his ultimate right as a Tomb King; to live forever as a God. Sealed in the darkest recess of an unmarked temple he rested for thousands of ages in his own deep slumber. He did not blame his fellow kings for their betrayal. After all they had granted him his immortality. No instead the Tomb King Zaket VII learned his ultimate lesson; that there is only one King amongst Kings, and he must attain that position should he not wish to find himself discarded in a forgotten tomb.

As the minor races flourished, their cultures spreading across the lands as locusts to the crop. Eventually fortune would shine upon Zaket VII when a wild group of grave robbers, who often would ravage lands of the Tomb Kings, found themselves in possession of the rarest of finds. It was only rumored that one could find a King's Casket amongst these forgotten temples however this group of adventurers was so fortunate! Quickly they made haste to remove the casket to their ship not far away their destination a wealthy family looking for relics to add to their collections. From within his casket the Tomb King Zaket VII chanted a long forgotten incantation causing the very seas themselves to swell with great anger. It was this storm that left the adventures ship wrecked on a strange island. Unfortunately, it would be their final resting place as well. Zaket VII emerged from his casket standing a full seven feet in measure. He made quick work of his saviors, the price of thievery, and gathered any objects he could find. Soon he would discover the trading post, masking his true form he would learn the common languages quickly. Soon too, he heard rumor of relics found through out the land resembling items from his own kingdom! The adventures may have found other old relics he was buried with, and with their full assemble the Tomb King Zaket VII may once again rule all.

Statistics-
Ws: 10
Bs: 10
S: 10
T: 25
Ag: 10
Wp: 25
W: 20

Skill Trees Chosen:

- Path of the Commander
- Lore of Khemri

Skills: (include ranks and effect)

Path of the Commander
Inspiring Leader: Rank I
Soldier: Rank I (Improved One Hand) (Ushabti)
Bodyguard: Rank I

Lore of Khemri
Incantation of Fervor: Rank III
Incantation of Renewal: Rank II

Last edited by Budou on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:41 am; edited 8 times in total
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Budou - The Tomb King Zaket VII Empty Re: Budou - The Tomb King Zaket VII

Post  FlyingPinkPony Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:19 am

Looks good just a couple of things.

A) Equipment- You do start with an automatic free Hand Weapon. Also, currently there no rules for dual wielding except if you have Path of the Slayer. This will be fixed as this week we'll be revamping Path of the Slayer and dual wielding in general. Not sure if this alters any of your decisions.

B) Skills - Did you only want Path of the Commander? You have 3 path options to pick from. Also in regards to your summons (Conscripts and Soldier) if you were unaware you can fluff those however you want (Ushabi, skeleton warriors etc). With conscripts you also don't have to choose which type you would like them to be until the moment of summoning which gives you a little more flexibility, you aren't limited to them always being militia for example. The last thing for skills is just to make sure you're aware that you can only have one summon spell active at a time. Both the soldier and the conscripts cannot be active simultaneously. Apologies if this was already clear.

C) Last order of business is for the Tomb King race specific lore. I'm assuming you'd like it to be something along the lines of the incantations. Would you prefer using the standard magic system (We could arrange it to be without miscasts or irresistible force), or a series of powerful abilities. Let me know so I can get started on that. If you any specific ideas/powers you wanted for that as well let me know.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

https://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Budou Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:39 am

A) Yes I was aware that you get a free hand weapon, but for fluff wise I wanted to the two claws. However, I guess thats two balanced weapons, thus being kinda pointless. Thoughts? The weapons too are more for fluff, I think I might revamp that section and replace it with better armor. My character doesn't have a real attraction to direct combat, and I'm not sure if I am taking an offensive path quite yet.

B) Right now I planned on only going Commander in order to super specialize. I do want to venture into other paths but I want to wait and see where this character goes first. I was unaware that you could only have one summon up at a time as I had thought of this character as a "Pet Controller" in mind. With that new information I will have to consider what I want to do. Both summons are excellent work, but I feel the soldier might be a better option to go with. I'll update the sheet soon with my changes; this might have me pick my second path.

C) I think in order to stick with the lore we should just use powerful abilites. Incantations are an odd magic and don't fit well overall with normal types of magic. Most incantations should be just minor things, no where near as powerful as actual magic in a fashion similar to the table top game. As far as ideas ago I imagine the following.

- An incantation that grants movement somehow
- An incantation that heals a minor amount of wounds
- An incantation grants an attack of some sort

I did look for synergy in choosing Tomb Kings and going for a leader but I will try to keep that from influencing my suggestions. Roleplaying wise I would totally be picking the skill tree almost regardless. As far as race traits you could look at something that makes Tomb Kings a little more difficult to kill since they are full undead.

Backstory work for you?
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  Budou Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:15 am

Alright, character has been updated with current rule sets. I went with just the one bodyguard who I will name later I suppose. I'm going to stick with all my equipment, it appears that having two balanced weapons is actually a good idea. I also moved around some stats. Waiting for confirmation.
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:46 pm

Approved. You can start a training post if you'd like to begin improving your character. We'll get the dual wielding sorted out soon so you shouldn't need to change any of your equipment before the next start up of adventures. We're finishing up the last batch so new adventures should be starting up next week sometime. Also you are free to change around skills and such nonsense until you start your first adventure. You may want to check out the new Khemri lore I started under the News and Rules section -> Magic Lores.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Budou Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:26 am

Hey Pony, I talked it over with the boys and I'm going to trade out two ranks of Sun Beam for two ranks of Incantation of Renewal. Looking over the battles, it looks like we need healing (I also like the passive for it too). Let me know if this is cool, I want to use the spell for roleplaying soon.
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  deadlychair Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:17 am

Pony's on vacation at the moment, but since you haven't been in any adventures yet I doubt that he'd have a problem with that. Go ahead and do it, if Pony has a problem he can yell at me.
deadlychair
deadlychair
Soldier

http://acurioustalecory.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:51 am

Yeah that's fine. I'll make the changes you posted on your character to your official character sheet.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Budou Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:17 am

In following the new rules about heavy armor casting I would like to make the following changes to my starting equipment:

-Remove Heavy Armor
-Remove Light Shield
-Gain balanced two handed weapon
-Gain 3 gold (the worth of a light shield)
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:20 am

Gotta spend your starting points. At the moment you cannot sell items.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Budou Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:38 am

Ok, loose the shield, gain a pistol. I'll write it into the story.
Budou
Budou
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyingPinkPony Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:39 am

Done.
FlyingPinkPony
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

Back to top Go down