Group Mission - Mysterious Kidnappings!

Go down

Group Mission - Mysterious Kidnappings!

Post  DemonicFerret on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:57 pm

People go missing from Tameria frequently, but recent days have seen a startling increase in inexplicable disappearances. Scouts examining the sites of these kidnappings have reported finding tracks, leading deeper into the jungle than anyone from the settlement has ever ventured before. Far too understaffed and underfunded to perform an expedition into the deep jungle, the town guard is willing to hire mercenaries to locate these missing persons (preferably alive).

Considering the danger posed by the unknown portions of the jungle, the guard is seeking a band of no less than three brave adventurers. The Guard Captain, remembering the unusual citizens who helped him fight off Madbeard, has approached those same individuals, offering them this assignment.

DemonicFerret
Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Group Mission - Mysterious Kidnappings!

Post  FlyingPinkPony on Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:59 am

Paelic sat in the Musty Mug with his legs stretched out leaning on the table as the guard approached him. Paelic looked up from his drink as the guard handed him a letter. Sitting up he casually pulled it from the man's outstretched hand. "And this is?"

"I am assuming you're Paelic." Paelic gave a nod. "Sarge said to give this to you sir. It's a request of sorts."

Paelic glanced over it quickly and folded it up. "Suicide more like it." With a snap of his fingers the letter erupted in flames.

The guard looked slightly perturbed. "Should I take that as a no?"

Paelic jumped up and lowered his voice. "I'll do it. I just thought it would look more intriguing to the other patrons if I burned it. Don't want to go into the jungle to die alone you see." The guard watched in disbelief as Paelic walked out the door with a skip and a hop.

(*Accepted. Talk to me homes)
FlyingPinkPony
Admin

View user profile http://wartide.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Forte on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:36 am

"Theatrical, isn't he?" Laughed Maelkur from behind the guard causing the young man to jump as he was quite sure that nobody had been there a second earlier. "You've been looking for me. A letter, I hear?"

The guard turned and gave Maelkur a strange look for a moment before realizing that this must be the enigmatic Quicksilver he'd been sent out to find. Despite scouring the Lower City and the bar where Quicksilver was reported to have his office of sorts, the guard had been possessed of terrible luck while looking for him until he'd run into a curious dwarf with three fingers on one of his hands that had filled him in. Nobody went out looking for Quicksilver and found him; that was a right that wasn't even reserved for his best agents. The guard had thought the dwarf sounded a bit bitter as he mentioned it but never-the-less he had left the Lower City that day frustrated with his failure to find a single man in a city where everyone was eager to give up someone else for cash.

"Well, out with it man. I'm very busy you know." Cried Maelkur in obviously mock frustration through a crooked grin, clearly playing around with the guard's somewhat unnerved expression.

"Of course..." Mumbled the guard as he reached into his pouch and retrieved the second letter which was addressed to Quicksilver. Snapping up the letter and barely sparing the time to read it, Maelkur flopped the letter onto the desk with a shrug.

The only answer the guard would receive was a muffled chuckle from Maelkur as just as the vampire-elf finished reading the letter, a loud crash was heard behind the guard as well as the sounds of people yelling. In the moment that it took the guard to turn and investigate the disturbance and turn back, the Thief-lord had disappeared with the letter along with him; the only thing remaining being a single gold coin sitting on the counter next to the guard for a tip.

(Let's do eet.)
Forte
Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  deadlychair on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:42 am

Teheboq watched the forest carefully for anymore goblins, but thankfully the night had been quiet after the attack. It had taken Teheboq a fair amount of time to flush the goblin's strange poison from his system, and it had left him tired and sore. Fortune appeared to be on his side, however, as the shift he had taken over was moments away from finishing. Suddenly a guard tapped Teheboq's shoulder. Turning to see what the man wanted, Teheboq was surprised to have a letter thrust towards him. "Sarge told me to give you this, unless you know of some other giant lizard," the guard grumbled as he pressed the letter into Teheboq's clawed hand.

Teheboq turned the letter over, eyeing it carefully. Noticing some form of text on the inside of the letter, Teheboq flicked off the wax seal with one claw. Teheboq opened the letter up and began to inspect the lettering inside. After several moments of silence Teheboq motioned for Talibh to come over.

The guard watched as the giant lizard made hand gestures to the robed figure, who in turn muttered quietly into the big guy's ear. After a few tense minutes the lizard looked back at the guard.

"Teheboq..." the massive reptile paused as his companion whispered into his ear, "I accept."

(Let's do this shit.)
deadlychair
Soldier

View user profile http://acurioustalecory.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum